48GB of Star Citizen assets leaked

starcitizen
pc

Around 48GB of work in progress assets have been acquired by — at least — a couple of people outside Cloud Imperium Games, and though the guessed link has now been shut down by CIG, the assets are Out There.

People have thus been loading the assets up in Cryengine, seeing as that’s what Star Citizen is being made in, and looked around. This has resulted in things like this:

I don’t know enough NPCs to even fly that thing.

Everything looks so cool, it will be interesting to see how upset CIG gets that these were leaked.

Strats needs one of these

Wow. Even though this was leaked, it’s incredible. -in awe- :open_mouth:

Enough to get you to pledge for the game? I’m sure you could stab someone in it once it releases.

This is the most interesting thing I’ve heard about this game yet.

You haven’t heard much about the game then? :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m a member of this community. I’ve heard more than enough about this game.

You know nothing Wayward Snow.

Oh so. Found this out last night after telling Vocino how the leak happened. Originally I said that the picture contained a link to the dev build which was unprotected. Mostly true except apparently the entire game was a torrent download with a public tracker, the link was to the .torrent file.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/5090659/#Comment_5090659

Basically CIG says, “don’t worry bro”.

People are starting to get into the FPS and make things work, this video is of some of the grenade types. I like the EMP (flashbang) and how it effects the HUD, forcing it to reboot.

A .webm video? Why on earth…

So that means I can stab people … in space? I’m in! :smile:

THATS HOW IT WAS ON THE INTERNET! DO I LOOK LIKE I HAVE TIME TO CONVERT THINGS INTO THE FORMAT VOCINO ENJOYS! YOU’RE IMPOSSIBLE TO SATISFY!