So since the alpha starts up in about 18 hours I figured now would be a good time to discuss what our plans are to actually set up the guild.
First off a few different things:
- There are 2 starting locations that you can randomly be placed in - Kings Market and Queens Market. I suggest we have a mumble channel for each so that people who spawn into each area can coordinate.
- Guild creation costs 2,500 silver. You can NOT use gold for this cost
- The new Learning Points system will limit our ability to generalize skills such as crafting and gathering
With that being said here’s what I suggest;
- Whoever is setting up the guild should try to get in as soon as possible
- Depending on what area they enter (kings or queens) we should have everyone in that area farm silver to get the guild up, as this will make organization simpler
- We should list our gold on the gold market ASAP, the system will automatically buy gold using silver from crafting and such and then take it out of the game until the gold to silver ratio is more even. We can use this to get a lot of silver quickly
- Whomever spawns in the other area should follow the tutorial section of the destiny board and then start leveling some basic gathering skills. In general you will want tier 3 in most gathering and crafting skills regardless of where you plan to specialize.
- By this time we should have that 2,500 silver required for a guild. At that point we could all go back into one mumble channel and start doing invites
- Once everyone is invited we should start partying up and doing PvE (or some light PvP) in order to obtain a guild territory as most public crafting stations will only craft tiers 1 to 3
Now due to the massive changes between this alpha and the last this strategy may not be valid, however based on what I’ve experienced getting our guild together quickly is crucial for early and late game success. Unfortunately with the expansion of the world map we no longer have an idea of what kind of territories there are so planning out where we want to meet up and what territory we will take will have to be done on the fly.
Ofc I am new here so feel free to disregard, change, give feedback on any of this if you feel it’s too confined for how the guild operates, since this strategy is a little hardcore ^.^
P.S: Here’s a really nice semi-outdated game guide. It will give you a good idea of the different interfaces and mechanics so newcomers are not as confused
P.P.S: here’s another semi-outdated guide on how the silver system works