Allo! Fyrefly21 here, and like Pragma I am pumped to have found a community!

Currently playing Destiny on the PS4, it’s my first MMORPG ever and I’m LOVING it! Aside from that, I spend a lot of time in Mass Effect and Borderlands on my PS3.

Started gaming rather late: I bought the PS3 as a Christmas gift to myself last year, and I’ve got lots of games on my “to play” list, but I also spend a lot of time sandboxing so the list never seems to get shorter!

Anything else you’d like to know? Just ask! :slight_smile:

Welcome to the community man! Glad to see the site is working for you now and that we can give you a hand tonight. Head by the Destiny Name Swap to get everyone’s PSN. Check out the Destiny Introduction to see what we have to offer.

We are pumped that you found us, friend.

I am a huge Mass Effect fan. In fact, until recently everyone here knew me by my Garrus avatar. If you haven’t already, you might want to check out the pinned posts over in the Destiny category. Also, if you’re looking for yet another game to be obsessed with, we’re currently having a blast as a crew in GTA. :wink:

Hi Fyrefly welcome to Strats! @Dynamible will take good care of you on the Destiny side. What’s on that big to play game list? Which Mass Effect are you on?

Also cute bunny! Is it yours?

Thanks for the links! I’m really digging the format of the site too, seems really straightforward so far. The Trust Levels limiting access until I’ve familiarized myself with everything is actually a huge relief.

I just added my PSN to the name swap, and am trying to work out if there’s an easier way to add everyone on my PSN app (as I am far, far from my console at the moment).

I’m on Mass Effect 2 right now, but I’d really like to go back to the first game someday, once I’ve completed the series. I played ME1 very split-apart in terms of the time I put into it, so I feel like I could’ve put more into completing everything in addition to the story missions - which I’m always compelled to do. Plus, ME2 did a way better job of helping me get a feel for the play style (in my opinion).

I had the list written down somewhere, but it got lost sometime between when I started it and when I moved out in May! Off the top of my head it has:

• Bioshock series
  • Portal 2 co-op
  • Skyrim
  • Infamous series
  • Half-Life series (if I can find the PS2 games…)
  • Far Cry (series maybe?)
  • The Last of Us
  • Dead Space 3
  • COD Black Ops II (I’m not sure on “real world” FPS games, and I find learning maps for PVP pretty overwhelming right now so this one’s definitely a we’ll see!)
  • Others I’m totally forgetting

It’s funny that you noticed the bunny - I was going to put “Ask me about my rabbit!” as part of my About Me section :stuck_out_tongue: Yes she’s mine, just an awesome little critter that’s been through a lot with me. If you want to know more feel free to ask about her, I’m trying to restrain my inner “Crazy Rabbit Lady” until the community’s gotten a tad more used to me! :wink:

Welcome to the Dark Side of gaming, jk awesome to have you our Destiny team is truly outstanding and I’m happy well be able to help you out tonight, I personally won’t be able to make it at that time but I know @Dynamible will definitely take care of you. If you need anything don’t be afraid to ask!

You have a great list there. Out of them I have played Bioshock, portal, Skyrim, Far Cry (3), and of course COD (from 4 to ghost). Your totally missing out on Oblivion and Fallout though. So many great games. Oh and dont worry about being a “Crazy Rabbit Lady”, I’m sure if you play with me you will hear my Hyena come up an force me to kiss her. I swear she loves kisses. My dogs name is Khalessi, whats your rabbits?

Oh and personally I think you should add the God of War series to that list

Not familiar with Oblivion, but Fallout is definitely one of the series that I forgot from the list! I’ve had my good friend’s copies of Fallout 3 as well as Oblivion (came strongly recommended from him) for ages!

My rabbit’s name is Socks, as all four of her paws are white… And because we weren’t sure if she was a he or a she until she was about 6 months old haha

If the PS4 were mine exclusively, it would absolutely be set up in her room so she could play around/cuddle me while I game, but sadly I’ve already lost one MagSafe adaptor (which is like $90 CAD on its own) to her due to my own inattention, so it’s hard to make a case for the new PS4 going in there no matter how much rabbit-proofing I promise to do!

You’ll definitely hear me chatting with my cats - and probably one of my cats “talking back” while I’m online, they always want to sit on my hands or shove their butts in my face in the middle of strikes… Cats are a little weird.

Done! :wink:

That list though! It’s like someone told you to play the cream of the crop. Be sure to let us know what you think of them as you play them, with so many good titles I know more than a few of us would like to share our experiences with them.

Socks looks very fuzzy

Well, since I started late, a lot of my friends were already well into their gaming careers… Three of them also used to work at a local game store, so I had some very good recommendations right from the get-go.

I started “researching” (can’t think of a better term) games I might get into in addition to their suggestions after speaking to an old friend of mine who had powered through the Mass Effect trilogy. He told me a bit about the games’ storyline - and I fell in love with the idea of such involved stories tying into games. I’ve always been an avid reader so I’m a sucker for a kickass story.

Prior to my PS3, the extent of my gaming experience was honestly Mario 64 and getting wrecked by my big brother at Mario Kart 64 and Goldeneye when I was 7 and he was 13. It literally hadn’t even occurred to me that games had actual stories. It’s such a thrill now, I just love it. Funny story though: Because of the aforementioned ass-kickings in Goldeneye, I was terrified of FPSs and bought Borderlands solely because I was told I’d love it by my best friend, without thinking to ask about gameplay (I started with Portal 2). I was actually mortified when I realized it was an FPS - shit stressed me out for weeks while I got used to it!

As for Socks - we think she’s a mix of two breeds that are actually bred specifically for their soft fur. Nobody believes me when I say she’s the softest thing you’ll ever touch until they pet her, then they tell others for me! :wink:

My name literally has kitty in it, there was no restraining my crazy! xD
And your bunny is super cute! Does it balance things on it’s head or just hop about and chew on things and be adorable?

[quote=“Fyrefly21, post:13, topic:3711”]
Nobody believes me when I say she’s the softest thing you’ll ever touch[/quote]
Is she softer than a chinchilla?! My lil bro’s chinchilla was the softest thing I have ever touched @_@

Why yes, she is prone to balancing things on her head (when relaxed)! She also licks anyone willing to give her scritches or a treat - or food in general for that matter - and is in training to run rabbit agility courses (Youtube it. SO CUTE), as well as become a certified therapy animal! Fun / adorable fact: Rabbits at play express their utter joy by jumping in the air and flicking their bums/back legs in an action called a “Binky!”

I liken chinchilla fur to Rex rabbit fur, we thought Socks was a Mini Rex until we played with some purebreds once. She’s even softer… Going theory is she’s half Mini Rex and half Satin - or some other weird uncommon mix because I have yet to find another rabbit with quite the same fur type and texture. It’s the strangest thing!

Welcome to the community! Always glad to see new faces around here.

I’m sure we’ll bump into each other at some point in the mess of games the community plays.

Welcome!

Welcome @Fyrefly21!!

This topic was automatically closed after 24 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.