And now, something for our non-partnered streamers!

Looks like Twitch intends to share the love (however minimally) with the more common folk. The criteria for becoming an affiliate is:

• At least 500 total minutes broadcast in the last 30 days
  • At least 7 unique broadcast days in the last 30 days
  • An average of 3 concurrent viewers or more over the last 30 days
  • At least 50 Followers

How many Strategists already qualify?

Lyteforce has Twitch Affiliation in his sights!

I’m not sure I qualify right now since I haven’t really been streaming (At least 7 unique broadcast days in the last 30 days). It’s interesting though, for sure. I think a huge percentage of the active streamers are going to qualify for this. It essentially makes it the standard use case and only gates a new person who is creating an account and is unsure if they’ll be sticking around.

500 minutes and 7 unique broadcasts in a 30 day period is extremely low. That’s 1 to 1.5 hour streams, twice a week.

The catch will be those 3 concurrent viewers!

Edit - I would be willing to sit in someone’s stream.

Lyteforce has Twitch Affiliation in his sights!

What’s interesting is the business play here. From what I understand Twitch is seeing a bit of a plateau in their extreme growth. The overlay on users doing “bits” cheers on streams is likely 100%. That is to say, there is no one that would bit cheers you who wouldn’t have spent that bit somewhere else—they’re all Twitch users who spend somewhere.

The major question here is will this move the needle for Twitch’s revenue? My guess is it may very very slightly. Possibly even insignificantly.

I’ve got about double that normally. I just got over being sick though, my minutes might be short lol

it’s not even launched yet. you got time to get those minutes in.

Just got my invite! Even with being sick for a month, I made the cut! :smiley:

Congrats @Klutzy_dragon! I think you’re the first team strats’er. Although I can’t imagine @simplyundrea didn’t get it immediately.