Anyone connected a Dualshock 4 to their PS Vita?

I brought a Dualshock 4 controller with me on my trip but didn’t have time to test. From what I understand it’s possible to connect it via Bluetooth to the Vita.

I can’t find much via search on it right now but I’m on my phone. I’ll look more once I get in the air but I thought I’d check with you gents.

Looks like it got easier after a firmware update. The video in the Forbes link is a bit long and hard to watch, but the Velcro wraps he used to mount the Vita to the Controller is genius. Hope this helps.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/andyrobertson/2014/02/04/daughters-controller-hack-creates-portable-ps4/

I didn’t even know this was a thing; guess I know what I’m experimenting with this weekend :wink:

@Auth there is this thing that is called the Internet. It is full of good info. You should try it sometime. :wink:

So unfortunately, the wifi at my hotel doesn’t seem to let me connect to my PS4 at home. I’m going to try it from the office today and see if that works. At the very least I’ll be able to initiate the install of GTAV.

That’s sick, so how exactly does the Vita interface with the PS4? Is it pretty much the same as the NVIDIA Shield?

Yes, all these devices work in a similar way: they stream video of the PS4 to the handheld device over the network.

Mine auto installed at 2000 EST or 1700 PST, yesterday. You might be in luck there.