As we all know, the head start began yesterday at 1pm est time and since the start there are a few issues that potentially really sucks.
- Every single bit of land has already been grabbed. Because the
founders pack came with chests that gave guilda stars, everyone
bought basic houses and grabbed EVERY single plot in the game except
for Auroria which is locked to all players right now. This is
extremely aggravating because people would just open the chests and
then use their gliders to skip over everything and claim land.
- Trolls seem to be enjoying themselves: because of the rule that
whoever hits a monster first gets counted with the kill I have run
into a few groups of people who would just sit at quest boss mobs and
just attack them first so no one else would get credit. I’m sure
these people have probably quieted down already but this mechanic
will be infuriating for you no matter what with even just small mobs.
- Low levels are covering zones way ahead of their levels begging
people to help them. Honestly this is just annoying to see, we
understand you want to go fast through the game but just get your
levels the same way everyone else does.
- Queue times: for us this isn’t too bad, the most I heard for a queue
time for our server was about 20 minutes, the other servers were in
hour+ queues so we cant complain too much here.
Now enough about the negative, what are the good things?
- Well they balanced labor a little bit and decreased the labor cost for a lot of different activities as well as eliminating it entirely for other things.
- The game is still fun as hell. Simple enough.
- If you get into one of the large raids that is running an area you can finish exponentially faster and level up much quicker than in beta or alpha.
- They also removed a few different quests that I remember from beta, not a huge amount of decreases but I noticed at least four, two I remember were a little tedious.
- IRONFIST is fisting no more. I’ve not seen heads or tails of them but there are a few other new guilds that popped up, most of which seem like pretty good guys, I haven’t had any problems yet.
Well that is my one day roundup. As of right now the servers are down due to there being issues with the authenticating server but I’ll be playing the moment they get put back online so feel free to shoot me a message (I’m almost level 30 to do that mentoring quest for the dungeon btw). Username: DRACO.
Edit 1: It looks like we got extremely lucky with our server not even counting the population amount. Looking at the subreddit, I’ve seen a few things come up where Salphira has demonstrated a great player base http://imgur.com/a/0QzHM this was done in Salphira wwith hardly any issues after the initial start of getting a line. Sucks that there has to be a line but I’m glad we are all fair enough. Sidenote: If you see someone named Jacobs, he is apparently on a multi-guild hitlist and blacklist for cutting the lines.