Astroneer, A Game of Aerospace Industry and Interplanetary Exploration

sandbox
astroneer
space
multiplayer
pc

I’m a sucker for survival, building, exploring games and multiplayer games. This one seems to have it all, plus a absolutely gorgeous art style. The worlds are procedurally generated, so there should be never ending possibilities. There doesn’t seem to be a release date just yet, but they are aiming for Steam Early Access by the first quarter of 2016. The game is built with Unreal Engine 4 by a team called System Era, which consists of members from Ubisoft, 343 Industries, and Valve DNA. Check out more below!

Official description:

Astroneer is game about wonder, discovery, power, greed, mystery, and grand endeavor in a new age of expansion on the fringes of humanity. You will land alone, or with a small crew of friends, on a planet to call your own. Harsh but bountiful, infinite worlds will beckon you to explore, exploit, and ultimately to reshape to your desire. Excavate and deform the land, uncover precious resources, jury-rig equipment to suit your taste and needs, create industrial scale extraction and manufacturing facilities, and locate rare items and artifacts. Contribute to the survival of Earth-based humankind, and get rich along the way.
The worlds in Astroneer are diverse, from huge spherical planets with atmospheres and vast landscapes, to strangely shaped small asteroids floating in the rings of gas giants. Each world is procedurally generated, unique to your experience, and can be totally reshaped by your tools. Excavate vast underground tunnels or create megaliths on the surface; the world is your Play-Doh.

Official website (don’t skip on looking at some of their beautiful screen shots): http://astroneer.space/

I’ll be keeping an eye on this one for sure!

What are your thoughts?

2016 Watch list

Looks interesting.

I kind of like the non-smoothed terrain vs super smoothed characters and buildings, interesting style. I’ll take a look at some gameplay and see, I’m extremely picky with survival/building games.

Edit: took another look, some of the structures are also not smoothed, I find that pretty lookin

Pretty sure I will be buying this

Something in a similar vein that is playable now is Empyrion- Galactic survival