Battlefield 1 Info Thread!

battlefield1
battlefield

At the end of the Official Reveal Trailer it says get early access to the beta and here is the link.

You can also pre-order the Early Enlister Edition now for Xbox One, PS4, and PC.

Here is what is in the Early Enlister Edition:

• Early Access on October 18th (Xbox One Only)
• Hellfighter Pack
• Red Baron Pack
• Lawrence of Arabia Pack
• 5x Battlepacks

Official Reveal Trailer

I have updated the link to see the Battlefield 1 reveal if you have missed it. This was the live world premiere if you missed it

Credit @Ausylon

Credit @Auth

Horses, Tanks, Trains, Biplanes, and a freaking Blimp! I’m in!

Looks cool but I’m gonna need to see some more in-game footage/gameplay before I’m sold. I’ve played every BF game released and I didn’t get as excited from this trailer as I’ve gotten from past reveals… SHOW ME MORE!

Found this afterwards…

Ok, I am more excited than I was now… but still… SHOW ME MORE

Yesss… Yeeesss @Ausylon Welcome to the brotherhood. Do you plan on/if playing it on PC or Console?

Again… Welcome!

PC all the way. @xploz1on

Woah, I totally missed that there were boats. That’s awesome. When I heard the leaked news about the new BF being in WW1 era…I was worried that there would be a lack of equipment and vehicles. Now I am totally hyped and not worried at all. That would be really cool if you could get different horses as well. I honestly feel like the WW1/WW2 era games would be better suited for todays hardware since more can be done in a larger scale.

Also, how about those plane rockets! Thats awesome! They also look like it would be very hard to land a shot on another plane with. Probably for use for air to ground combat.

I just changed the thread name and updated it with everything known so far. Any news released I will update the thread. I don’t think this Early Enlister Edition is enough for me to want to pre-order. They might have sucked me in if I could play a beta on PS4 or PC.

Pretty excited for this.

Dice has a lot to deliver on. Any fb post or comment on a video I read (even cod only related posts) are all positive towards battlefield and anti cod. I’m not trying to start a BF vs CoD argument but the EA (or Dice) listened to the players and Activision didn’t. There has been an outcry for a game like this for a very long time now.

From Twitter:

Dogfights!

Hopefully some or all of these make the cut…

The Battle of Verdun, 1916.
The Battles of the Marne, 1914, 1918.
The Battles of Ypres 1914, 1915, 1917.
The Battle of the Somme, 1916.
The Battle of Cambrai, 1917.

Count me in when this game drops as well. Been playing some BF4 lately to get ready.

We got info on Weapons!

https://www.battlefield.com/games/battlefield-1/weapons

10 THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE WEAPONS OF BATTLEFIELD 1

They feel fast because they are.
If your weapon of choice is an automatic rifle or a powerful LMG, Battlefield 1 is loaded with guns to scratch your trigger finger on. In general, all of the weapons might feel a little faster than you’d expect. On top of adding drag and gravity to the bullets themselves, we increased the bullet velocity. This speeds things up and makes the gunplay feel more authentic.

There are six categories of weapons.
There are your Shotguns (great for blasting enemies from up close), SMGs (made for short range rapid-fire), LMGs (amazing at tearing things apart from medium range), Semi Autos (balanced and powerful), Sidearms (great in a pinch), and Sniper Rifles (which do exactly what you think).

There’s a ton of variety.
Each weapon type has multiple different weapons to choose from. The weapons of the era were incredibly varied. In fact, many of the weapons of World War I were the first successful versions of those weapons. The first SMGs and Automatic Rifles were deployed during the era, and you can use them in Battlefield 1.

They are super effective.
Technology hurdled forward during World War I, leading to absolutely incredible, efficient weapons that were damn good at doing what they were designed to do. Whether you’re blasting holes in walls and taking down hidden enemies or sniping from across the map, you’ll find the gunplay in Battlefield 1 feels modern and fun.

Weapon customization is more focused.
We definitely want to allow you to customize your weapons in Battlefield 1, but we also heard your feedback that we should try to find a way to do this without adding hundreds of additional attachments. That’s why Battlefield 1 utilizes pre-set Loadouts for each weapon - you’re still able to customize your weapons to make sure they work with your playstyle, but in a more focused way.

Each weapon has up to three Pre-Sets.
Maybe you want a shotgun that packs a little more punch? Or maybe you’d rather one that trades stability for accuracy? The different weapon Pre-Sets should help you out. Some have up to three, giving you different ways to play with the same weapons. You’re able to customize them as well, changing the zoom levels, reticles, and more.

There are multiple types of melee weapons.
Getting up-close and personal was an important part of The Great War, and while you have plenty of options if you’d rather keep your distance, you’ll also be able to use different types of melee weapons, each with their own attack speeds and damage outputs. Some even double as tools – giving you the ability to cut barbed wire, destroy barricades, or even damage light vehicles.

You’ll be able to perform bayonet charges.
Being able to close the gap between you and your enemy is important, especially when you’re going for a melee kill. Attaching a Bayonet to the end of your gun helps make that a little easier, letting you charge at your enemies. Make contact, and they’re on the fast track to the graveyard.

Frags aren’t the only grenade types.
Besides being able to toss traditional fragmentation grenades, you’ll also be able to use gas grenades (low damage, but their gas lingers for a long time), incendiary grenades (high damage, but for a limited time), and more. Using the right one at the right time can be the difference between life and death.

The audio fidelity is top notch.
DICE is known for delivering some of the best audio quality in gaming, and we’re not going to disappoint with the weapon sounds in Battlefield 1. From the BANG of a shotgun to the CLINK of an empty click, we recorded a huge amount of real-world audio to use in the game. You can even tell when your magazine is running out of ammo now - your firing sound slightly changes when your ammo is low.

Live gamplay stream in 2 hours:

Credit @xploz1on

MAPS & MODES REVEALED

Amiens

Amiens is clash between the British and Germans in the French city of the same name. From the sound of it, there’s an element of claustrophobia in collapsing alleyways, a courthouse and along bridges and railways in the city centre.

The St. Quentin Scar

The St. Quentin Scar is where the livestream opened with. It’s vast, large enough for aerial battles and cut by trenches protecting the unspoiled village of Travecy.

Monte Grappa

Monte Grappa is an uphill struggle that reminds me a little of Battlefield 3’s Damavand Peak. But with zeppelins. High in the Venetian Alps, the Austro-Hungarian Empire holds a massive fort against the efforts of the Italian Army. This could be one for artillery enthusiasts.

Empires Edge

Finally, Empire’s Edge is set in Italy, along the Adriatic coast—a picturesque spot that you’ll hammer with dreadnought fire until it’s dust.

Modes

As to modes, two staples are confirmed: Conquest and Domination. ‘Operations’ is new, however, and could define DICE’s take on the First World War. It sounds similar to Verdun’s trench warfare and shifting fronts. Instead of capturing points, the attacking team needs to push the frontline forward until they conquer the map, whereupon the defenders have a chance to reinforce on a new map. Each game of Operations is a series of interconnected battles.

Source

Battlefield 1: Operations mode is a continuous battle across multiple maps

DICE has announced three of the multiplayer game modes that we’ll be seeing in Battlefield 1. Conquest and Domination make a return, but the most interesting addition by far is the new Operations mode.

Operations strings together multiple inter-connected rounds, which all amount to a single Operation and a single score. The maps change at the end of every match, but the objectives remains the same; attackers must push the frontline forward, as defenders try to stop their advance.

Operations sounds like a mix of Rush and Conquest, and DICE hopes to offer some semblance of the war effort, where different battles were fought across multiple fronts but essentially lead to the same goals. We’ll even be able to see the map we just finished over the horizon as the next map starts, according to the developer.

“We wanted to create a Battlefield experience that was not just bite-sized, but actually spanned beyond an hour of playtime,” DICE wrote in an update.

“Something epic and compelling for players who wanted a chance to immerse themselves in this first global war, and capture the stories of how different battles were deeply connected to one another.”

Conquest is the same as it’s always been, except this time around Behemoth vehicles enter the map during key moments to help one team turn the tide of a match.

Domination is the small version of Conquest, with focus on infantry combat in close quarters. You still have to capture flags, but the capture time is considerably less than that of Conquest, and the maps are more focused.

Source