Bill Nye going into politics! (NSFW)

politics

I just thought it was funny since this is a guy who pulls a lot of clout with an entire generation and beyond and to see him pushing pseudo science as reality is comical.

He always taught that being critical thinkers was paramount to scientific growth, guess that’s out the window and we are to reverting back to “Bill Nye the Performer”.

About the Basement category

Oh jesus this show!

HAHA, I keep starting and stopping that video, JESUS CHRIST!

I think I’m turning liberal, I’m getting triggered.

“Look, I get it white people. It’s hard selling incense without weed.”

are you shitting me dude?

“Look, I get it black people. It’s hard selling incense without weed.”

100% would be removed from the air. Get the fuck out.

Isn’t this what we have #NSFW for?

He is on the news constantly. He is still really active in the scientific community and a huge educator for global warming.

and he just made himself into a joke, lol.

I don’t get it. All I see is someone performing on his show that’s not very funny, and a comic that’s tad bit racist if you’re sensitive to that kinda thing.
Not sure where this pseudo science is…

One of the other episodes, mentions the topic of gender ID and comes bundles with a statement that a lot of people from the Gender ID community are pushing that gender ID is genetic in the same way that being gay is genetic.

Suffice to say the gay and lesbian communities aren’t thrilled with this and it isn’t backed by any science other than feels.

Edit: Feels are something that he detests people using and constantly rails on religions for using emotional arguments as well as religious ones to “win” arguments.

Ahh. Can’t say I know much on the topic.

To be fair, there is quite a bit of scientific evidence that suggests biological and neurological bases for gender identity. E.g.,

Biological yes, but not genetic.

This is where the eternal rift sits right now on the scientific side. You could say that having gender diaspora is a biological response and, based on what is currently known about it, that would be a correct assessment. Saying it is a genetic trait inherited and passed on at the genetic level is a reach as it isn’t known. Urging people not to be assholes is common sense and should be practiced by all people.

Bill Nye, while an amazing educator, never graduated with a doctorate in anything. His educational background is in engineering and is impressive but he isn’t qualified to make statements pertaining to the classification of disorders.

This is why I titled the topic as, “he gets into politics.” It’s a very political thing to do to ride a social hot-button.

But there is also a significant body of evidence from heritability studies that link gender dysphoria to genetics. I’m on my phone, so I can’t link studies easily, but I remember reading a literature review on this subject by Klink and Den Heijer.

I don’t think the issue is so much whether it can or cannot be passed on, but rather that it’s something that people have absolutely no control over. Just my 2c.

That first video is cringy as fuck. That woman can’t perform, can’t sing, and isn’t funny. That being said, its assertion that people should be free to explore their sexuality isn’t cringy, nor is it pseudo-science. It’s political, yes, but if you watched even the first episode of the show it wouldn’t surprise you.

Sounds more like you’re going insane to me.

Yeah, the guy is super crass and it might trigger some white people but his point is that it’s really stupid that white people use Asian cultural icons as deceptive setpieces for cons and bullshit, and it’s specifically addressed to white people because, not only is the guy he was talking about white, but most people who do shit like this are white.

Also note that both of these things were done in their entirety by a guest and not Bill Nye. Not sure why this warranted you hating him so much you had to make a thread about it.

Oh hey Shazare, welcome back.

Totally brah totally!

Because it’s his show and the content that is on it represents him?

I could be wrong tho!

Let me know brah.

Hi.

I’m letting you know.

He is the host and only the host. He’s not directing it and he isn’t writing anyone’s scripts. He actually has less domain over the content of this show than he did in Bill Nye The Science Guy. The stuff for which you’re angry at him isn’t in his control.

Do you have a source for that or are you talking out of your ass?

A show bearing the guys name and you tell me he has little to no say over the content of the show sounds like a terrible idea. At that point they could air whatever they wanted and he could possibly be contractually obligated to allow it to happen.

My irritation at the guy is placed squarely where sense says it should be. If this dude was dumb enough to allow his name to be used without retaining some level of creative control over what the show airs then that is an entirely new issue and, at minimum, he needs a new agent.

Again, amazing to have you back! Can’t wait for discord story night!

Oh jesus these get better and better:

Yes…totally…we should totally consider the one child policy that china perfected, that worked wonders for them and worked well for the females born during that era.

It totally doesn’t effect poor people way more than rich people and further create a divide between the classes.

Eugenics, we should consider it!

Since you clearly don’t want to believe me anyways just, look up the show on IMDB.

The only thing Bill Nye cares about is countering climate change. Watching people look like idiots on a show he hosts is a small price to pay to have another outlet to popularize climate change awareness. You can say he shouldn’t have done it, but you don’t know why it’s like the way it is, except I guess that he’s dumb, because fuck Bill Nye.

Eugenics is controlled breeding with the intent of improving the human genome. Incentivizing families to breed less​ to stifle population growth is not eugenics.

The guy answering is not Bill.
The response isn’t more than asking you to open your mind to it as a concept to combat climate change. You can be open-minded about it and still think it’s a bad idea, instead of strawmanning every possible iteration they could be considering as both China’s OCP and eugenics and then saying nothing else. That’s pretty fallacious reasoning to hate the guy who wasn’t giving his response on the show he only hosts.

If you’re already predisposed to hate Bill Nye because he doesn’t agree with who you think should be president or whatever you can just say so.

So you don’t know who retains creative control over the show, got it.

It’s possible to hate a product without hating the creator. Do I think the guy is dumb as fuck for doing this? Sure, you really think this will change the peoples minds who he wants to change?

Think about it, you are trying to convince more people who are not liberal, who are not progressive to think about climate change…I KNOW! Lets talk about gender ID and call white people out on their over-use of Asian culture symbols!

I mean even you can see the flaw here I hope…

You are joking right? Yes, eugenics was a concept built to improve humanity. Until people started changing it, namely the Nazis.

“Incentivizing” thru policy usually means a poor tax. Think about it longer than 30 seconds and you’ll see that even if it is an actual incentive (a payment to a family) then it is still a poor tax because families with low income have a choice, money for their current children or a larger family. This wouldn’t be a decision that a well off family would have to make because the money would likely be irrelevant to the well off family. Do you understand now or should I explain further?

Did I ever say it was?

What the hell are you talking about, I never said I hate the guy…I said:

• He’s a moron if he doesn’t have creative control over his show
  • He isn’t qualified to make statements on disorders because he’s not a doctor
  • He just made himself into a joke by turning a “science show” into a circus
  • Him falling to psuedo-science is comical given his previous stance

Also, president? Dude get the fuck out, you don’t even know who I voted for in the election.

Take a page from your own book, jesus.

Oh man, even better ROFL.

Credit to other people for this picture:

Sources:

https://web.archive.org/web/20110814212807/http://dolphlundgren.com/about/biography.html