Borderlands: The Handsome Collection is coming

Borderlands: The Handsome Collection

Everyone knew it was coming, it was only a matter of when.
###Borderlands: The Handsome Collection is coming to PS4 on March 24.

It comes with Borderlands 2 and Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, as well as all of the DLC from both games, for $59.99.
My question to you, Strats community, is who is willing to buy this and play it?

6 Likes

There is going to be a collector’s edition with an RC Claptrap, limited to 5000…

Great post @PittInjury . I saw it, this morning and got very, very tempted. That’s just an insane amount of content. If I could get a committed group to do this, it would be a day one purchase. Isn’t there giant “raid like” bosses in 2? Could be fun.

Also that RC Claptrap edition is mad expensive?

Think of all the Pitt, Nubhugs… banter with hilarious jokes at Pitts expense… oh baby.

I think a better question is, who is handsome enough for this edition.

2 Likes

Playing as Handsome Jack’s body double in The Pre-Sequel is pretty epic. The things he says are what keeps me interested in the game.

And Claptrap.

A Borderlands on PS4 is a no-brainer.

2 Likes

I thought you were anti borderlands?

It was for me, but then I saw that they are selling for full retail. I don’t know why it bothers me, but for some reason this does. I paid full price for The Last of Us: Remastered, and this collection comes with two essentially GOTY editions to two great games. If the game was priced at $50, maybe I would feel a little better.

I think its my own stigma that a $60 better be the newest game out there, and that doesn’t hold up in this stage of the console generation when there are so many re-releases.

Currently on Steam:

Borderlands 2 GOTY $40

Pre-Sequel $60 + $30 season pass

1 Like

I guess the pricing model is just my own hitch then. I think the other thing for me is that games like Evolve, The Order, and Bloodborne are coming out either soon or around the time that The Handsome Collection comes out, and I don’t have the time or the funds to commit to all of these things.

1 Like

For one, internet points for calling it “The Handsome Collection”. Best name ever. Totally see where you are coming from, I too am trying to find a good “core” group of games I want to purchase this Spring. Last fall I found that I purchased way too much and ended up playing catch up, which really wasn’t fun feeling pressured to beat stuff. (It was zero fun playing AC: Unity. It wasn’t even a game, it was a chore). That’s why I’d only commit to something unless we had a group for sure. I played Borderlands 1 alone and while fun, it felt empty.

1 Like

Your first mistake was purchasing AC:Unity.

1 Like

I bought it day one… before the ship sunk… ;_; I’ll never get that time back… but I’ll never make that mistake again. I still have nightmares of collectables. Why didn’t you save me Pitt, aren’t we friends?

Sign me up!

Today 2K Games announced the new Borderlands: The Handsome Collection, which will bundle Borderlands 2 and the recently launched Pre-Sequel, along with all of their DLC add-ons, into one package for PS4 and Xbox One. The whole thing will cost you $59.99, a pretty nice discount compared to buying everything individually.
But for the super fans, the new bundle is also available in a wonderfully ridiculous special edition that comes with a tiny version of Claptrap that can talk and drive around on one wheel, controlled by a smartphone app. The catch is that the special edition is limited to 5,000 copies, and costs a whopping $399. In order to grab one you’ll need to pre-order the game at select retail stores.
If you’ve already started playing one of the games on Xbox 360, PS3, or Vita, The Handsome Edition supports cross-save, so you can pick up where you left off on your new console, and don’t have to worry about creating a new character from scratch.

The next-gen bundle is launching March 24th in North America, and March 27th elsewhere in the world.

EDIT Sorry for the dual post @PittInjury i didnt see yours first… @tommy2118 moved mine here.

And yes…hell yes im buying this for sure!

I am all in. When they released the pre sequal I just knew they would do a special edition type release for PS4. This game is so fun to play with friends we are gonna rock this

1 Like

I think I smell a team forming up. A team of handsome guys. The … Gorgeous group…

1 Like

When you see Handsome Jack’s action skill and how stupid it is, you’ll all be playing him.

But can the game handle a concentration of good looks on that level?

Jack is quite fond of his body double.