Copy pasta thanks to /u/jacobcharles
Bungie Weekly Update
Here’s a quick summary for those at home:
New, exciting things are coming soon.
Changes to Iron Banner:
• Level Advantages are more significant
• Fireteam leader must be 20+
• Rewards for losing (that turn into a rep gain upon the next win)
• Iron Banner reward armour will be bumped to Level 30
• Iron Banner weapons can be Reforged (reset, with the stats rerolled for some MoL)
• Bounties will be a little easier and worth more, and claimed from Saladin
• ‘Tempered’, a 12 hour buff to boost rep gains
They decided to let Europeans play again. Which is nice I guess.
Here is a translation of the title for people who mix up the order of the date: “Bungie Weekly Update — 10/24/2014”
Here’s a potential exploit using ‘Tempered’ and the Loser Medals that /u/UrbanRenegade19 pointed out. Basically lose a bunch of games with your fireteam throughout the week. Activate the Tempered buff towards the end of the week when it is more effective, and then win a single gain for huge rep gains and instant access to top end gear. Any thoughts on this?