Checking out TEKKEN 7 on PC

After reading some positive reviews of TEKKEN 7 for PC, I picked it up over the weekend ($10 off Steam) for a change of pace from shooters and mmorpgs. I used to play TEKKEN 3 with game dev friends on PS1 back in the early 2000s, so there are fond memories of it.

I haven’t played it much, and only in Arcade mode (there is an online option), but so far I’m liking it. Runs fast and smooth on my mid-range i7-2600K w/ R9-290 at 60fps in HD resolution/medium settings. I’m using an XBOX ONE controller with it, and it feels like coming home. There is something wonderful about the unbridled cheesiness of the character backstories too that I’d forgotten. I’m a little bummed that there is no Lei Wulong (!) because I like to play chars with Chinese martial arts (Ling Xiao Yu I like, never got into playing Lee though). There’s a whole bunch of characters I’ve never seen before, so I’m looking forward to putting some time into this and trying to get fluid with some move sets.

Anyway, I am unexpectedly pleased at having Tekken on my PC :smiley: I was just reading though that PC may suffer from cheaters so that might suck…might push me to finally getting a PS4 if I get into it.

I know someone in Discord mentioned picking it up as well, but I can’t remember who it was for the life of me.

I’m digging it immensely. Currently trying to learn Feng and Bryan, with a little Kazuya and Katarina on the side.

I own the game as well. So far I’ve only been playing story mode. The last version I played was Tekken 2 while in college. I don’t remember half of these characters.

I think I actually prefer my XB1 gamepad over my fight stick. For some reason it seems I can execute the double-tap up or down easier with the d-pad.

Tekken is one of those games that I have a weird hand position to hit the button combos with index and middle finger. I’m wondering if I should remap the shoulder buttons to use as alternates for XY

hit me up for practice. long time tekken player.