##The votes are in, looks like we’ll be terraforming an area; I’ll have the locations identified later this week for us to choose from
- Sea Platform
#Here’s the Deal
I’ve found a couple locations that I think will work well, each have their own unique pros and cons which I’ve listed below. I will run this poll through the weekend and close it Monday afternoon when I get home from classes. Based on the popular opinion, I’ll take the next steps to get us started; rock the vote
For note: we will not be doing the bulk of our mining for resources here. I will be establishing a separate location for us to strip-mine resources for the city’s construction.
##Feel free to have discussion in this thread for one way or the other
We’d need to cut down a bunch of trees and flatten the area a bit, but I found a nice-sized continent some distance away that would work well given some effort. Once we have it how we want it, I’d lock it down and divide it up into chunks for the different build teams to work on.
- Presents a more natural/organic atmosphere
- We’d get some resources just from leveling the area
- The area won’t prepare itself and it’s going to take a few days of casual work from everyone to get it ready
- We’d have to expand the area eventually or work within the confines of the continent
I found a series of several region beacons out in the middle of the ocean. I could artificially create a flat foundation for our city that we could build on. It’ll be super-easy to break the area up into sections for people to build their grand projects in.
- Flat surface will make for easier construction
- Plenty of room for simple expansion
- We’d have to artificially create the basement area (I would only build it 1 block thick initially)
- It would take a day or two for me to get the initial platform constructed
The results of the version poll will have no bearing on the outcome of this poll other than the fact that I’ll have to find new city-building locations if terraforming wins