Destiny 2 PC Beta - August 28

destiny2

Looks like Destiny 2 PC beta opens up on August 28.

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/46087/7_This-Week-At-Bungie--07272017

They’ve included some PC requirements as well. It’s looking pretty basic.

Recommended Spec

CPU
Intel - Core i5-2400
AMD - Ryzen R5 1600X

GPU
Nvidia - GeForce GTX 970
AMD - Radeon R9 390

RAM
8GB

=========================

Minimum Spec

CPU
Intel - Core i3-3250
AMD - FX-4350

GPU
Nvidia - GeForce GTX 660 2GB
AMD - Radeon HD 7850 2GB

RAM
6GB

I’ll be interested in seeing just how this game runs on PC. Those min/rec specs are in-between Overwatch and Battlefield 1.

The thing that really catches my eye is that the CPU requirements seem so low compared to the GPU. Maybe Destiny 2 will be a very pretty GPU-powered game.

It does seem odd that it’s so low on CPU req because the reason why they couldn’t hit 60fps on console was due to the CPU’s lacking. Will certainly be interesting to see how it matches up.

What are the CPU requirements for BF1?

Battlefield 1

The minimum spec:

Processor (AMD): AMD FX-6350
Processor (Intel): Core i5 6600K
Memory: 8GB RAM
Graphics card (AMD): AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB
Graphics card (Nvidia): Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 2GB
DirectX: 11.0 Compatible video card or equivalent
Online Connection Requirements: 512 KBPS or faster Internet connection
Hard-drive space: 50GB

The recommended spec:

Processor (AMD): AMD FX 8350 Wraith
Processor (Intel): Intel Core i7 4790 or equivalent
Memory: 16GB RAM
Graphics card (AMD): AMD Radeon RX 480 4GB
Graphics card (Nvidia): Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
DirectX: 11.1 Compatible video card or equivalent
Online Connection Requirements: 512 KBPS or faster Internet connection
Available Disk Space: 50GB

The major differences are likely the terrain destruction and sheer size of the matches in BF1 compared to a game like Destiny; it probably takes a whole lot less CPU power because there’s a whole lot less going on.

Man i cant wait to see it on PC!! gonna play the hell outta this game :slight_smile:

Also, of course this thing happening after the semester starts; guess I’m just going to have to be a slacker.

Unfortunately (not really) I’ll be at Disney World with the fam.

Is it an open beta or do you have to prepurchase?

It will be an open beta. Preorders get you “early access” to the open beta. On the PS4 it was 2 days early while on the XB1 it was just 1 day. I expect the PC beta to be like XB1.

I should also add that there really isn’t a lot of content in the beta. You get 1 mission and 1 strike. You can finish all the PvE in an hour or so. So unless you really want to be hardcore on PvP in a beta test where all your progress will be wiped, then I guess early access to a beta is useful.

That’s all I need. Never played it since I don’t have a console. I just want to see if it’s a game I like.

Really looking forward to playing on PC - I never understood why a came like that would be console only :slight_smile:

This is happening tomorrow.

Need more hype in here.

I’m beyond hyped at the moment. Picked up deluxe edition on PS4 and PC, and have a brand new 1080ti for the PC

For those who are in need of joining the clan - https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2/Chat?groupId=2104746

Sent a request to join on PC!

I need to watch some PC beta streams tonight. Anyone played yet? How does it compare to PS4? Are all graphics settings unlocked in the beta?

I played through the story mission and did the Strike and it is awesome on PC. All graphics settings are unlocked from what i could see. It is superior in game play and graphics to the PS4…they have done a remarkable job with the gun control and handling…i love it!