Doing one or two pet portraits

Hey all! So lately I’ve been doing a study on how light affects objects around it (specifically on cars and fur and in the eyes of animals and what not) so I’m offering to do one or two free pet portraits. I’m not doing this on first come, first serve. I’m looking for high quality images that show heavy values of light and strong emphasis on eyes. If you end up wanting the final image, let me know and I will email you a full size, HQ export of it and give you recommendations on mounting and the like.

Once school ends, I plan on taking up digitally illustrated pet portraits as a side hobby. Most I have seen are going for 300-500 on average, but I will be starting at 100-150+ in order to get my name out there. Here’s one of my most recent pieces, for those of you interested. I’m going to be working a lot more on eyes and realism with this piece. This one was done in under two hours or so. I’m looking to do 6-8 hours on this next piece since I have, for once, nothing to do over the weekend.

Anywho! Post your pets and I will pick one. :slight_smile: High Quality images, if possible!

EDIT: After some thought, I have decided that I will be streaming this drawing either Friday night or Saturday day. I will post the actual link to my twitch page when the time comes for those of you interested in seeing my process. I’m really nervous because I usually don’t like having people watch me work, but I think this will be fun. Thanks!

4 Likes

I don’t have a great duo-shot on my phone, but here are our cats:

Sammy

Benji

2 Likes

Not really what you were looking for, but it’s a great shot. :smile:

2 Likes

Omg this is the best idea ever! This my child Khallesi. She is a 2 year old Dutch Shepherd. I can take more pictures, I had to come back inside because she got distracted by another dog and the photo shoot got messed up.

I also has a great picture of my mom’s Dutch Shepherd when she was a baby.

2 Likes

From my Facebook profile. About 6 years old now because I’m just too lazy to change it.

Fletch teh cat. Probably not the highest of quality. Maybe not even medium.

3 Likes

These are all very good. I will probably decide something tonight or tomorrow but keep them coming in the mean time. I will post in Discord when I’m about to start streaming for those who are interested. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is a great post just to look at pets! Haha
Anyhow here are some pictures of my Princess Kiki

4 Likes

Your dog is beautiful, she reminds me a whole lot of my old husky that once saved me from some dogs that tried to attack me. Mine was named Sierra.

My cat Rowdy, his kidneys are starting to go so he doesn’t look as healthy as he used to.

2 Likes

Wahhhh your husky is perfection!

1 Like

Thank you! That is a husky, loyal to its owner. They are the best dogs. Sierra is a great husky name.

1 Like

That they are, they’re the type of dogs that would do anything for their owner. Thank you! I like your dogs name, it really suits her.

I seen that no one had posted any pictures of any horses yet. Here are 3 of my old Tennessee Walking Horse named Chance, I used to ride him a lot of Western Pleasure Western Horse Shows. Me and that horse won a lot ribbons and trophies rarely ever placing below 1st. Unfortunately he passed away about year and a half ago. Though he’s gone I still have the memories and photographs to remember the big guy.

I thought I’d also post my family Chihuahua named Daisy! She’s a tiny dog with a big dog’s attitude, haha.

3 Likes

Omg I looooovvvveeeeee horses :horse:

2 Likes

Aww Chance!! That horse had such a big heart. I’m so lucky to have gotten to meet him before he passed. He was so sweet, and had no problem with meeting new people (or maybe he just liked me :wink:). Y’all would’ve fallen in love with him had y’all met him too. :heart:

I wish I had even a halfway decent picture of any of my dogs, but most are blurry or too far away. I may post one of my mom’s German Shepherd for funsies, but not for actual entry.

1 Like

Okay! Here’s my mom’s German, Axel! Best part: I wasn’t even living with her at the time, but she totally picked my name suggestion, cause I’m just awesome like that (Kingdom Hearts II, anyone?)

And because I just found this one again, puppy Axel!

4 Likes

Draw my sweet Zuzu like one of your French doggies.

2 Likes

I love this little kitty!

I love seeing everyone’s animals.

1 Like

Instead of drawing animals tonight (for once) I did this:

7 Likes