Elder Scrolls released info about their upcoming game

elderscrollsonline

…and I am super confused.

https://scontent-atl1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xft1/t31.0-8/11393757_10152908132846404_3011428212008952854_o.jpg

It’s supposed to be for PC and iPad, and is a card game similar to Hearthstone. I’m a little confused/torn because this art is SO not the usual Elder Scrolls theme. There isn’t a ton of info out on it as of right now, but I thought I’d post it.

Also: Sorry for being on and off lately, car troubles and dog was in the ER today after managing to get his tail shut in the door, so it’s been quite a week/weekend. (Dog is fine. Just a scratch!)

All these card games yet everyone should be playing magic the gathering.

People play Magic the Gathering? Ugh.

2008 Yu-Gi-Oh still the best

MTG player checking in, quality strategy game with room for tons of creativity; don’t hate :wink:

Have you played Hearthstone?

Hearthstone is pretty simplistic compared to MTG, and your stuck either playing a ton or putting money into digital cards to be competitive, neither of which I’m keen on :wink:

To me, MTG felt much more expensive to be competitive.

I don’t know, I started playing casually and got to rank 15 with just basic cards.

Depends on the format; Standard and Legacy are the worst, by far (I don’t want to talk about how much my Standard deck was worth when I was playing actively in Japan). I enjoy EDH/Commander more theses days, which is a much cheaper format that rewards decision-making and adds additional elements of randomness rather than “I spent the most on my deck so I win.”

That’s something (and probably puts you close to the top 50% of players) but there’ll likely come a time when you hit a wall and cannot progress further without playing a ton to get more gold or purchasing packs to compete.

And here I was hoping it would be an Elder Scrolls MOBA.

When I was playing Hearthstone regularly the first year, making sure to do all the daily quests, I had competitive decks that got me to ranks 8-15 normally–ie, I had all the cards the top players had for at least some of the meta decks each season. My skills obviously were lacking to get higher though lol.
Not sure if its the same now that they’ve released 2 sets since, could be costly now, especially if wanted to play catchup

I think that’s really the decision players have to make that I was trying to point out: anyone can be competitive in Hearthstone, but you’re either investing a fair bit of time or money, neither of which I have in excess presently to dedicate to the game :wink:

I’ll be honest, I’m starting to hit it. There definitely seems to be a point between about 18-15 where people pull out some bad ass cards that roll me.

However I think this could also be because I haven’t beat the Naxxramas and whatever the other one is. Granted, those are both paid campaigns for cards so you’re still paying.

EDH/Commander is super fun if you have a bunch of pals to play with. I myself run a chaos deck, I just screw up the board state.

I also run modern which MTG is pretty expensive to get into which sucks because its hard to get anyone into the game when tier 1 decks are anywhere from 500 - 2000 dollars when wanting to be competitive.

I’ve got a Sliver Overlord EDH and @PreshusKitty runs a Kembra equipment deck. Modern is another overly-pricey format that several folks I know play in, but I’m not willing to commit the resources to get into it :wink:

Speaking of card games…

http://www.ea.com/news/announcing-star-wars-galaxy-of-heroes

I’m John Salera, Executive Producer at EA Capital Games where we have a talented, dedicated and passionate team crafting an all-new mobile CCG Role Playing Game experience: STAR WARS™: GALAXY OF HEROES.

When we set out to make STAR WARS: GALAXY OF HEROES, we wanted to tap into the fantasy of collecting characters and starfighters and then let people enjoy the fun of playing with them creatively. We’re bringing this idea to life by allowing players to take part in battles with collections of their favorite heroes, characters, and ships from across the Star Wars™ universe. From the classic trilogy and Star Wars Rebels™ and Star Wars™: The Clone Wars™ animated TV shows, to the prequels films and beyond, we’re giving players a truly extensive Star Wars experience.

We have a great partnership with the talented folks at Lucasfilm and Disney Interactive. It is that collaboration that has enabled us to deliver a unique mobile experience that brings the vastness of the epic Star Wars franchise into the palm of your hand, available later this year on the App Store and Google Play.

Stay tuned for more news and info over the coming months by liking EA Star Wars on Facebook, following us on Twitter, watching us on YouTube and checking in here at the hub for our game. We’re looking forward to telling you a lot more and hearing your thoughts!

STAR WARS © & ™ Lucasfilm Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Used Under Authorization.

Wear all the gear, summon all the kitteh minions, murder all the enemies! >:3