Extra Life 2019 Game Day

Hidey ho Strategists! Extra Life Game Day is November 2nd, 2019 this year (under a week away) and I wanted to drop y’all a reminder of this fantastic cause.

If you don’t recall what Extra Life is, or it’s the first time you’ve heard of this year-long fundraiser, let me give you the 411. Extra Life is a grassroots fundraiser that was formed in 2008 to honour Victoria Enmon, who passed away at a young age of leukemia.

You choose to support your local Children’s Miracle Network Hospital to support and over the course of the year raise funds to support this fantastic & fun initiative. With 170 hospitals to chose from, each location treats thousands of kids annually, regardless of their illness, injury or family’s ability to pay. And while it does run the entire year, Extra Life Game Day is the showcase event to provide specific focus on the campaign!

If this is something you’d be interested in joining, you can sign up by heading to extra-life.org and providing all the necessary details. And while there doesn’t appear to be a StratsCo team (yet!), taking the first step and signing up is the easiest way to get people together. And if you need an idea for a goal, I hear $1337 is always a good one!

On a personal note, this will be my fourth year taking part in Extra Life and will be my first year leading a team (#TeamRSP - representative of my Vancouver Titans podcast community). If you’re more interested in supporting an individual campaign, I would ask that you consider mine as I aim to raise $750 for the BC Children’s Hospital Foundation here in Vancouver. And whether you’re able to donate or not, I ask that you come out and cheer me on (or heckle if that’s easier) as I stream a variety of different games over the course of Extra Life Game Day.

It’s #ForTheKids! https://www.extra-life.org/participant/lyteforce

2 Likes

Here’s a little more information on why I’m so passionate about Extra Life:

2 Likes