Extra Life 24hr StratsCo Stream Signup

extralife

For those who aren’t aware; Extra Life 2015 is quickly approaching. We’re looking to have a 24hr stream comprised of various Strategists on the official game day (Saturday, 7 November) starting at 10am EDT. The plan is to give out a stream key to the official StratsCo channel to the participants and give them each a 2-hour slot to play. Those interested are asked to keep it PG-13 (some vulgarity is fine and most every game should be a nonissue, but don’t come on playing a dating simulation game while behaving like an XBL 12 y/o please).

Since you lot are the team partners, you get first dibs if you want to participate. To pull this off, it’s going to be extremely important that you keep track of time; we want to minimize downtime between streamers as much as possible. I’m currently working the contingency plans for those that have unexpected technical issues; I’ll go over all these procedures with those that sign up closer to the actual date.

I’m converting this post to a wiki; if you’re interested in participating in this effort, please sign up for one of the blocks on the schedule below. All times are EDT.

• 10:00am - 12:00pm:

• perplexous
  • 12:00pm - 2:00pm:

• simplyundrea (PS4, hosted)
  • 2:00pm - 4:00pm:

• skidoLLaZ
  • 4:00pm - 6:00pm:

• shane
  • 6:00pm - 8:00pm:

• TwoPlayerAdventure
  • 8:00pm - 10:00pm:

• Auth
  • 10:00pm - 12:00am:

• Tommy2118

Date change to 8 November

• 12:00am - 2:00am:

• BillyTheGuardian
  • 2:00am - 4:00am:

• AiKiller (Minecraft)
  • 4:00am - 6:00am:

• blinkbrac
  • 6:00am - 8:00am:

• GohanTheSayan
  • 8:00am - 10:00am:

• The Sultan of Salt

Extra Life 2015 - November 7th

I’ll definitely be signing up, however I won’t know my schedule for November till the end of this Month.

signed up…this is gonna be awesome!

I’m absolutely down. Put me in for 12:00 - 2:00pm EST, pretty please!

Since I’m on console, I’ll just need to be hosted for my time slot. :smile:

EDIT: I’m streaming ‘Minecraft: Story Mode’ + ‘Game of Thrones’ to keep up with my #TelltaleSaturday tradition.

I’ll be set up as a contingency streamer if there’s an issue. I can also fill some time slots. I’ll probably not stream to my personal channel and just work on the StratsCo channel, including staying in chat to moderate.

TwoPlayerAdventure will take the 6:00pm - 8:00pm:slot! :smiley:

Games we’ll likely stream: Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes, Brawlhalla, and HotS

Would you all mind hosting us instead, since we’ll still be in the process of building our followers/viewership? It’d be greatly appreciated if so.

Thanks!

yeah i have no follower base so a host or whatever will get me in front of some more people would be great!

The thing about the hosting is it’s not going to say “Hey, the Strats channel just went live” to anybody if you’re hosted, the only people who see you go live is your followers. The reason @simplyundrea is being hosted is purely to do with her being on console (which means she’d have to log in as the StratsCo account).

Additionally, folks watching the StratsCo channel won’t be in your chat channel, so you also can’t interact with them; You’re welcome to advertise your stream and such, but it seems to me that just streaming from the channel will be more beneficial.

I’m open to discussion on this, but the idea of getting you in front of a new audience and have you interact with them, to me, seems to work better by streaming straight to the channel.

Yeah I would say if you can stream to the channel with your key, that’s preferred.

We will be running ads to the channel and trying to fill it throughout the day. You’ll have opportunities to advertise.

I will be streaming from Console as well…does this matter?

Console streaming is a bit different. You mentioned a console title and a PC title; if you don’t have a capture card that links up with OBS for your console streaming (for the sake of the production) we need you to commit to a single platform during your window.

I see where you all are coming from. In a way, both ways can potentially be beneficial for both the streamer(s), and Strats. Either way both channels will be exposing their viewers to each other’s channel, so it’s a win for both Strats and the Streamer either way you cut it.

A lot of times when a channel is being hosted people from the channel that is hosting will go over to the channel that is being hosted, thus potentially resulting in more people following the hosted channel. But the downside is sometimes not everyone will go over to the channel that is being hosted, thus resulting in less interaction with those viewers, as you mentioned. There’s also the fact we’ll be losing some viewers here and there if we keep changing between channels. The longer we can stay live on one channel the better. So now that I’ve considered all sides a bit more I think streaming from StratsCo channel is the way to go about this. To be helpful maybe members of Strats can help link people to each channels in chat during their streaming times, that way the streamers don’t have to break their attention away too much to advertise.

In the end though this is a team charity event, so whatever it takes for us (Strats) to be successful during this event we’re down to help! This will be some great PR for Strats as a whole, and most importantly we’ll get to help people by having fun playing video games!

i will be on ps4 with Destiny or NBA2k16

Having issues with streaming software. Let me see if I can make something go.

This is going out to the greater public later this week; make sure to get the time slot you want :wink:

Streamers, attend; details in the OP :wink:

I could most likely do the 4-6 am shift.

I honestly think this is the day I move up to DC, so I should be off, but do have to move everything so as soon as I figure it out I’ll be signing up for a few blocks.

I’ll take the 2:00am - 4:00am: slot. I’ll most likely stream Modded Minecraft and/or Vanilla.

Man I wish that I could make something work but with my work schedule it’s just so hard to know what my schedule will look like. If this is going on November 8th, that’s a Sunday and I usually stream from around 10pm to 1-2am if I have to work at 11am the next day. If I have to open its like 10pm to 12-1am. All my times are EST.

I really wish I could, but it’s just to far away for me to make a commitment I can’t guarantee at the moment. Stupid retail job ><