Follow the Butterflies

desk

I’m Hazy, but online I’m known as Butterflies. I’m just another dude from the Pacific Northwest. I’m also an artist who wants to improve the world! WITH LOVE! I used to be active and love going on adventures to the beach, hiking, climbing, and practicing martial arts. Since I became disabled two years ago, I have spent most of my time playing games, drawing, and reading. Recently I have been trying to get myself set up to start streaming actively on Twitch, and I have begun to make content for my youtube channel, as well. I got myself my FIRST PC! Mostly because my macbook caught fire again. This summer I want to focus on producing a webcomic, though, so my dream of building a stream community around my content will be a side hobby. I will do my best to keep it going! You can read more about me and find my additional information on my profile here.

I love tea, sushi, strawberries, lepidoptera, corvidae, biology, ecology, ethology, robots, girls, games, fantasy, novels, comics, design, rainbows, sunshine, moonlight, blood, skulls, swords, and anything else cute! :heart:

shelf

I like playing games with people. When I’m streaming, it’s like I have friends playing with me! Otherwise, multiplayer games are the best games!

These are the games I like to play:

MMO GAMES
Elder Scrolls Online
World of Warcraft
Remnant Knights
Final Fantasy XIV
Aion Online
Dauntless
Diablo III
Fortnite
Destiny
ZOMG

MOBA GAMES
League of Legends
Heroes of the Storm
For Honor
Paragon
Vainglory
SMITE

ROLEPLAY GAMES
Elder Scrolls Morrowind
Elder Scrolls Skyrim
Final Fantasy Tactics
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy XV
Lunar II
Sudeki
Fable
Folklore
Bioshock
Dark Stone
Eternal Sonata
Second Kingdom
Shadow of the Collosus
Spyro Riptos Rage
Shadow of Destiny
Sword & Sworcery
Jet Set Radio Future
Need for Speed
Prince of Persia
Soul Reaver
Blood Omen
Mirrors Edge
Star Ocean
Hunie Pop

PET GAMES
Neopets
Leopets
Icepets
Corepets
Misticpets
Flight Rising
Dappervolk
Rescreatu
Furvilla
Subeta

Love Nikki
Gaia Online
Second Life
Tinier Me

TABLETOP GAMES
Changeling the Dreaming
Vampire the Masquerade
Open Legend Amaurea
Anima Beyond Fantasy
Dungeons and Dragons

CARD GAMES
Magic the Gathering
Hearthstone
Faeria
GWENT

BOARD GAMES
Tokaido
Odins Ravens
Timeline
Love Letter
Wordsy
Illimat

LET’S CHAT! LET! US! PLAY! GAMES!

Welcome! Decent book collection. If my eyes are correct, is that a couple Wheel of Time books on the 2nd shelf from the top on the right side? If so, you’ve got good tastes.

Your list of games will fit in real nicely with Strats as well!

I feel like there’s at least two stories I need to hear.

Also, welcome to the party! You definitely seem to be finding your way around, but let us know if you ha e any questions or run into any issues :wink:

now that’s an introduction!! Welcome to the group!

Quite the intro. Welcome aboard! You should fit right in :wink:

But how do you feel about robot girls holding bloody skulls and swords while eating strawberries and sushi and drinking tea.

While dancing with the devil in the pale moonlight. Under a rainbow.

@Derangedtaco
Thanks. Tell me about your favorites! These are most of mine. I have a few hundred more books in storage because I don’t have enough space to display everything, but I’d own a million books if I could get away with it. I think there’s seven WOT in total on that shelf, next to Song of Ice and Fire. I was into such things back in the early 2000s. A book store went out of business and they were all $2 each, and I hadn’t read them, so I just got em. Then became obsessed. Super weird, because I don’t like murder or crime, and I was super sheltered back then and didn’t even use expletives ever! Anyway, I ended up giving the WOT set to my ex, along with the collectors edition of Starcraft II when it came out. BAH. REGRETS. Well. Not at the time, but I still haven’t finished my own WOT collection, or bothered to get SC again. WOT is still something I think of on a daily basis, though. When it’s nighty night time and my partner and I go to sleep, I say, “Sleep well and wake.” It always cheers me up, knowing that I’m demanding that they don’t die while asleep.

@Auth
Thankies. I’m mostly figuring things out! Don’t know how to quote people, though. And apparently hitting enter sometimes causes the post to publish, which is annoying while typing paragraphs. Otherwise, I think I’ll send a PM if I have inquiries. About the macs… I was raised on macs, since the early 90s. So of course when I wanted something mobile, I got myself a macbook pro. It lasted about five years (which is insane, since they’re usually only decent for a year, to be honest). Then it exploded. Sparks. Black char. The charge cord was shredded to ribbons. Terrible smell of burned plastic and metal. I was naïve and trusted Apple again. Mostly because I was lured by the succulent succubus called Retina. Mmm those smooth, bright graphics still tantalize me. It lasted two years before its time of fire came. The charge port melted. You seen molten metal? It’s kinda like lava. The prongs of the charge port became stalactites drippin from the port. Lovely. Still super angry. Those things cost as much as my beautiful new Phantom, but my precious Phantom is thrice as powerful, at least. (Pictured above. It’s as big as me, so I had to have someone else lift it onto my desk.)

@dontcallmejames
Haha. Thank you!

@ghosthog
Thankies. Hopin so~<3

@teh_ninjaneer
YES.
yes

For quotes, just highlight the text you want to quote and it should bring up a “quote” button. Click it and it’ll automatically start a reply or add the quote to the reply you’re working on at your cursor’s location :wink:

Oh… Oh, sweet sauce. I’ve worked as a site admin for years, but I’ve never seen such fancypants coding before. THIS IS MADNESS. Also, now I’m off to hunt the darklight theme you got there. AND CAN I MAKE MY TEXT PINK? Because this system is foreign to me. What language this is. Some kinda markup? I’m just used to simple bbcode and htmlxhtml. I feel clueless right now.

EDIT: FOUND THE DARK THEME heck yes, babeh.

https://www.discourse.org/ is the base code; we’re working off a branch of it.

As for dark mode, it should be your avatar in the top-right -> gear wheel (settings) -> Interface tab.

Not enough pink. 5/7

“We have no plans to allow [color] at the current time”
Jeff Atwood the codinghorror co-founder, March 2017

At least this exists: Discourse BBcode Plugin
Hint hint nudge nudge @Vocino @therubymug @Auth @shane @tommy2118

Let me contaminate your sleek, modern forum with iridescent synthwave backwash.
Just… maybe… consider it… mebe.

My reading tastes are real divergent. I really like Young Adult Non-Fiction books and then High Fantasy lol. WoT is definitely my favorite. My brother read the series in jail and then suggested my sister read it and after their praises and many discussions, I decided to read the series. Extremely good, sucks Robert Jordan passed before he could finish the series, but Sanderson did a good job of finishing it with Jordan’s notes. I’m waiting for Amazon to officially announce that they picked up the rights to the TV adaptation. Numerous sites and people have hinted at Amazon as the buyers, but no official word yet. And Sony Pictures is going to be the production studio, so it’s a good chance it’ll be faithful to the series.

Wait. WAIT. WHAAAAAT. A FILMED ADAPTATION? IS THAT WHAT YOU ARE REFERRING TO? OF. WOT. WHUT. AH?

Yeah. Amazon picked up the rights along with a new Lord of the Rings TV series and a Dark Tower series as well.

My body is ready.

For prime marathons.

This topic was automatically closed after 24 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.

Nice collection!