Free Games with Twitch Prime

Remember when your Twitch Prime membership scored you free games at some weird & eccentric schedule? Well… those days are apparently done. Similar to Sony & Microsoft, who rotate a series of free titles to members of PlayStation Plus & XBOX Live Gold respectively, Twitch Prime members will now get a lineup of new games each month.

With us already at the midway point of March, this month’s lineup will go live on March 15 (available until March 31) and net you:

• Superhot
  • Oxenfree
  • Mr. Shifty
  • Shadow Tactics
  • Tales from Candlekeep

And only a couple weeks later, the April lineup (April 1-30) contains the following:

• Tales from the Borderlands
  • SteamWorld Dig 2
  • Kingsway
  • Tokyo 42
  • Dubwars

What this means for the other perks we’ve received in the past, I haven’t the foggiest. Thoughts on the shift?

Free Games with Twitch Prime - June 2017

You need the Twitch launcher for these, correct?

Yes (with at least 5 characters)

Sounds like the theory I’ve been hearing around the tech scene is coming true.

Amazon Twitch Launcher soon to be a Steam competitive game digital distribution system.

well, they are developing some of their own games now as well so it makes sense.

They have a ton of ground to make up if they want to truly compete.

The only “leg up” that twitch/amazon has with their app is that’s it’s tied iditectly into twitch. So there’s a really solid social base already built in. And with streaming on top of that, it offers more than steam. Now it just needs the games.

If they would implement some sort of streamlabs oBS type stuff right into the twitch app it would be pretty awesome. It would be one stop shopping for a lot of people.

Amazon has the cash flow to crush Steam at any moment. They’re likely just waiting on the product to catch up.

An Amazon sale structured to push out competition and acquire new users to their platform could work. Amazon would foot the bill and likely lose way less money than a similar deal by a competitor.

I think retail digital downloads are zero problem for AMZN. I see a bigger issue with Twitch content. We are already starting to see a shake up of the more adult oriented IRL streams. I think we will see more of that on the gaming side as well.

Ultimately, Amazon needs every PC gamer to have the app installed. They’ll need very rigid controls for parents or strict content policies that get enforced.