Game review category

I would REALLY like to see a game review section, or maybe even just change guides to “guides/reviews” or something. I’d really like to know how people in THIS community feel about games. Maybe they just need a specific place other than “List your top ten favs” posts.

This was briefly discussed a bit in Discord, and the consensus of those in the discussion was that there’s not enough content of the type to warrant a category all its own. We have a (woefully-underused) #review tag that I think suffices for now, though expansion to a full-blown category is definitely not out of the question once there’s enough content being created to justify it.

alrighty, I’ll get on it :slight_smile:

I was the one who initially suggested a reviews category in some form. I thought that it would be good for both games and gear.

Maybe the category would see more use if there was an actual category dedicated for it.

It’s possible, but I think generally in the chicken/egg discussion we prefer to see a purpose for something and then make it rather than create something that needs a purpose.

I would encourage anyone who is considering writing reviews, guides, or any other content to not worry about where it goes. Certainly don’t make something like that a blocker for putting it up. Moving and organizing content is easy and we can always adapt things based on what’s coming out.

Bam, that’s why the AI makes the big bucks