This was a neat watch, but I found myself most amused by how little the child seemed to be affected by everything happening around him; seemed like dad’s grumps were the only thing that carried any emotional weight for him
I’m pretty sure we all will ike this game, but im going to miss the old gow combat system.
it’s what made the game so PogChamp.
to be fair they might do something equally neat here.
like i said in the discord, the only thing that was god of war in that trailer was the title.
Makes you believe that he grew up watching all sort of crazy fights for survival and he is unaffected by this mere monsters.
HE IS BACK!!!
- Cory Barlog; Lead animator for Original God of War, Director and writer for God of War 2. Wrote and design original design for GoW 3 and wrote the script for Ghost of Sparta (PSP Game) before leaving to LucastArts.
- This is not a reboot, it’s a continuation of GoW 3.
- Set on Norse mythology.
- Dragons? Níðhöggr dragon? HYPE?
- The child can understand the monster language while Kratos can not. The kid is currently called Charlie yet this is not his real name. It was a joke Cory Barlog heard from IGN stream.
- Cory Balrog: Is about Kratos teaching his son how to be a god and the son teaching Kratos how to be human again.
- Cory Balrog: There is a button dedicated entirely to the son. Makes me wonder of timed actions for fights.
- Cory Barlog told GamesBeat that he was inspired by the scripts for the [canceled live-action Star Wars] TV show. “It was the most mind-blowing thing I’d ever experienced. I cared about the Emperor. They made the Emperor a sympathetic figure who was wronged by this fucking heartless woman. She’s this hardcore gangster, and she just totally destroyed him as a person. I almost cried while reading this. This is the Emperor, the lightning out of the fingers Emperor. That’s something magical. The writers who worked on that, guys from The Shield and 24, these were excellent writers.”
- Get ready for some soft Kratos.
- QTE will not be used as in previous games of the series.
Some other cool stuff:
“This is the journey of Kratos to become the Norse God of War, or the Odin that we know. He might be fighting some kind of monster or on his journey to find the Yggdrasil, but no gods. When he find Gungnir, he became the Odin.”
“If the scenario is indeed happen, that kid is definitely Thor. That’s why they don’t reveal his name.”
You always play as Kratos and dont swift to play as the son.
Kratos’ son is wearing his old Greek robes Aruba his waist like a sash? Source
I strongly believe this will be a The Last of Us like experience. It also seems like Kratos have been training his son for something, preparing him. I have watched the trailer like 10 times. Me want moar information!
Also, it looks like Kratos was not around his son all the time. At one point he asks his son if his mother taugh him how to hunt so to my understanding he was away for a while?
Boots of Hermes can be spotted inside the house, when the kid is entering it.
There is tons of easter eggs and hints about the characters and scenes! Source