H1Z1: KOTK - Free Loot With Twitch Prime

h1z1kotk

For those of you with Twitch Prime, starting today you can score phat lootz in H1Z1 King of the Kill gratis.

Normally a $20ish title in Steam (forgive me, it’s $21.99 CAD right now), it’s the pure PvP version of H1Z1 where you’re rewarded for surviving the release of poison gas and other players who want your stuff.

H1Z1: King of the Kill is a fast-paced shooter in which players compete in large-scale chaotic PvP spectacles of skill, wit and a little luck, where everyone must fight to the death to stand alone at the top of the podium.

To claim it, just make sure you’ve registered that you have Amazon Prime in your Twitch account and then claim your copy in the sidebar on the left side of your screen. It seems to be a title that get serious screen time on Twitch & a few local streamers that I follow are now exclusively streaming KOTK.

Anyone want it? Got it? Going to give it a try?

I remember when H1Z1 was a zombie game.

It still is. They just split KOTK off from the main strain. My brother and his friends regularly put serious time into the zombie side, “Just Survive.”

Oh I’m aware. I bought the early access when it first launched, before they split and Daybreak now makes you pay for both.

Initially, Just Survive (then called Battle Royale) was supposed to be the side-game. The main game was supposed to be zombie survival and base building. I guess people enjoyed killing each other more than the zombies.

Just Survive has about 10% of the players of KotK.

Haha! I have early access too & was more interested in the zombie side.

i originally bought this on release for the survival aspect. just recently i reinstalled KotK and have been playing a round or 2 here and there and it is very fun. I feel like my old ass rig has been a little prohibitive in my success so far, but some upgrades have been ordered and hopefully i’ll be a little more competitive soon.

that all being said, i did have an opportunity to try out Playerunknown’s Battlegrounds recently during one of their alphas. it’s a similar concept to KotK (developed by the same guy) but a better pace for my liking. and with customizing of weapons during the match (adding scopes and grips) similar to the old ARMA 2 and 3 mods (also developed by Playerunknown). In the meantime, KotK is fun, but i’m definitely looking forward to PUBG.