H1Z1 splits into 2 games....wut?

Click here for the full story

I don’t know how I feel about this announcement. I’m a little confused. I definitely saw the development of the survival end of the game decrease substantially since early access began. I truly had so much hope for this game in the beginning. I’m just not sure what to make of this.

On top of this, it looks like only the Battle Royale half is coming to PS4. There’s no mention of the survival, base-building side for consoles yet.

I’m honestly surprised they didn’t drop the survival portion altogether. Battle Royale is obviously what gets the most support but it’s also what makes the game such a success on Twitch.

But Battle Royale has absolutely nothing to do with zombies or “survival” other than not getting shot. There’s no scrounging for food or water, no shelter construction, etc.

With all that being said, I suspect that H1Z1: King of the Hill will be a success on PS4 because it’s easily accessible and people really enjoy shooting each other in video games.

weird ARK is also evolving their battle arena to a separate title

I kinda started to notice they were paying battle royale more attention than the survival part of their game back when I first stopped playing H1Z1. I wasn’t much of a fan of battle royale, so I moved on to other survival games. Though there is no denying that battle royale really grabbed a lot more attention. I’m hoping both games continue to develop in a positive way.