Hello! I am new!

csgo
albiononline

I saw an ad on Facebook about the Albion alpha coming up and I have been following the game for a while. I have never seen a gaming community properly advertise outside of game ad networks (EVE Online allowed one of my previous guilds to advertise on the login screen).

I am a fledgling web-developer and for my day job work in Digital Branding and Strategy so I found the website very attractive and the fact that it was advertised using Facebook very interesting.

I have just switched from Windows to a Linux platform for my desktop and so have had to play mostly CS: GO and have struggled to find friends on there to play with. The grind to Rank 3 and competitive was awful (got there yesterday) and I would love to meet some people and play some CS: GO with them pretty regularly off and on again.

I also obviously am very interested in Albion Online but am not sure if I will participate in this alpha. Getting to talk to some folk who have participated before in the alpha stages would be great!

I am 30 years old and live in Raleigh, NC. I have done hardcore gaming before and looking for a more relaxed experience now that I am married…don’t have 40 hours a week to dedicate to an MMO. But when I DO play I like to play at a high level and am very competitive.

Again a pleasure to join the community and hope to log on to mumble (do they even have a linux version?!) and get to know everyone! You can add me on Steam, my username is belemrys.

Thanks,
-Jorge

Hey @Belemrys, welcome to Strats! Facebook allows us to target a specific age demographic for the site so it works pretty well for us. We don’t discriminate or anything but it serves as an easier baseline in terms of the kinds of non-toxic type gamers we want to enjoy games with.

We play a ton of games here but @DrizztDo_Urden69 and @Wayward are your go-to people for Albion as they’re leading the guild and will be streaming it heavily.

It might help to check out the albiononline tagged posts: http://forum.strats.co/tags/albiononline

Yeah, I do Facebook Micro-targeting for work (I work at a Brand Agency that does lots of Digital Campaigns) so I know all about how you guys found me :wink:

I will definitely talk to @DrizztDo_Urden69 and @Wayward

Thanks!

Raleigh? You’re just a hop skip from me!

Welcome to the Strats Fam! Looking forward to Albion with you!

Cool! Good to hear, I lead a product team at Facebook :smile:

Well tell their ass to answer my emails…trying to get invoicing set up for the Agency so we aren’t limited by our client’s credit card limits for campaigns…can’t get a real life person on the phone…it is like they are a digital company or something!

Something something 1.5 billion people to answer…

Welcome =p

Mumble is crossplataform =}

Perfect!

Welcome to the Dark side brother. Happy to have you here and would love to have you in the Alpha with us. If you have any questions at all you can always bother me, and I along with others, will be streaming the Alpha as much as possible, so if you don’t join up this time we’ll definitely enjoy having you in beta :slight_smile:

Welcome to Strats!! if you need anything please feel free to ask!! :smile:

Welcome to the party; let us know if you need anything or run into any issues :wink:

Welcome to Strats!

Welcome aboard!!

Welcome, welcome- nice to have you hear!

Welcome

This topic was automatically closed after 24 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.