Holy shit, Ubisoft heard me. Look at this bad ass pirate game!

skullandbones

Back when I played Assassin’s Creed: Black Flag I kept saying to myself “Ubisoft, just make a god damn pirate game. Kill the stupid Assassin’s Creed storyline.”

Boom. Look at this shit. It looks so awesome. A pirate-themed multiplayer game called Skull and Bones.

Ubisoft Singapore creative director Justin Farren took the stage. He revealed that Ubi Singapore was the developer behind Black Flag’s naval combat. Since then, the studio has focused on breaking those mechanics out into their own game.

Trailer

Skull and Bones will be a multiplayer-focused experience, with players competing to become the most notorious pirate. Farren introduced a video showing off loot hunt, a five-versus-five mode where the team with the most loot at the end wins. Each player gets their own ship, rather than all working together on a single ship.

Sailing will take into account wind usage, how sails are set and other real-world factors. The demo also showed off a return of one of Black Flag’s beloved features: sea shanties that crew members will sing as you sail.

Gameplay

Unfortunately, release date is fall 2018. :frowning:

unfortunately again, that’s after the release of Sea of Thieves.

I don’t know what that is but I feel like I should be excited about it.

they showed a bunch during the xbox showcase.

the art style is vastly different, but conceptually it doesn’t seem very different. being first is pretty important these days.

I may or may not know of someone that may or may not be me who may or may not be playing the beta (the NDA doesn’t make it clear what I/someone may or may not share).

Rumours are it’s good fun with friends.

Looks very cool. I would say that one thing Ubisoft has going for it is that they’ve already made a really great pirate game inside the Assassin’s Creed story. A lot of people loved Black Flag.

I see people talking a lot about Sea of Thieves, however nothing about it really captured me. I admit I didn’t watch everything about it, but it just didn’t engage me.

Skull & Bones certainly has my interest… it is Ubisoft though, so no preorder here.

I think the art style of Sea of Thieves is more hit or miss. Higher risk but potentially higher reward for longevity.

Sick trailer…but is it just ship on ship crime?

Looks like just ship vs. ship at least from what they’re showing so far.

FYI: Beta sign up is open now https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/game/skull-and-bones/