I just picked up the Xbox One S

Well I did it. I bought my first console in years. I walked into Best Buy for printer ink and came out with the Battlefield One Edition.

"But Kenz, you’re in grad school, why are you doing this?"
After having been in grad school for about a month now, I am taking @teh_ninjaneer 's literally life-saving advice to take breaks in between working to game. I’ve found out that this has been hugely successful and helpful in getting my work done.

"But Kenz PC Master Race"
Yes, PC master race 100% all the way but there is something seriously enjoyable about having a console again. I don’t know what it is. I can’t put my finger on it. But there it is. I also like having people over, and having a console makes it a lot easier to play with people in person.

"But Kenz we all play PS4"
I was tempted to go the PS4 route, especially with VR and stuff. However, I was really missing Halo. Like a lot. I am picking up Halo 5 at some point to play and I just picked up Destiny. I really missed Destiny, so I was happy to go back to console to play it.

Am I going to be kicking myself for buying a console later? Maybe. But there it is. I plan on adding a PS4 at somepoint, but for now this just felt right.

Feel free to add me on xbox live at MissKenzz. I probably won’t be on for long amounts of time. I’ve currently got Forza, Battlefield 1, and Destiny. Yay!

I’m glad my advice is working out for you. I don’t think I would have survived college without having something to play. At the time I had my PC, an N64 and a PS1.

Of course, Everquest launched when I only had one year left of college. Senior year was a struggle.

I completely agree with this. Consoles are preferred for playing in-person. Playing split-screen on a 23" monitor is terrible. Much better with a TV.

Edit - Borderlands: The Handsome Collection is free this weekend on XB1. Check that out if you are so inclined.

I’ve been toying with the idea of getting a One S.
It’s cheaper than a UHD Blu-Ray player, AND I can play some of my PC games on it if I feel like playing on my TV.

Nice! I’ve got BF1, Forza Horizon 3, Halo MCC and Halo 5 on XB1. XBL is Ausylon. And yes, make sure you get the
Borderlands: The Handsome Collection is free this weekend on XB1

Picking up the Borderlands game right now! I want to get Halo 5 next. Halo 3 was my JAM in high school. Good times! Yay I’m excited. :smiley:

Halo 5 is awesome…I also played a ton of Halo 3 and it brought back good memories.

omg, that makes me feel so old.

Do what I did.

Get both.

That’s the plan. My sister works for a gaming company who only releases games for PS4. I plan on going that route sometime next year.