Info regarding the raid!

ps4
destiny

Check out @Bungie’s Tweet:

The raids will NOT be level locked!

Awesome!

Considering that you can’t damage any enemies that are 4 levels or more above you, I can’t imagine this would be a huge deal. I believe it’s a 20% penalty per level you’re below up to 3 levels max.

So if an enemy is level 26, and you’re level 26, you’ll have no damage penalty. If you’re level 25, you’ll do 20% less damage than you’re supposed to. Level 24 is 40%, level 23 is 60% and level 22 (and below) they’re immune / resist.

Either way, I didn’t think they’ll level lock it, although I could still see a level lock being minimum level 23 even after that they posted that tweet.

Just getting done fighting 28’s as a 25, it was tough but not impossible. Maybe it ramps up? Like half the raid is 26’s and the second half is 28’s

Difficulty confirmed. @tommy2118 (level 13 I think) joined my level 7 mission earlier and a level 13 Knight spawned. It one-shot me. I still have the scars.

Totally…and I’m thinking we should expect Skull Modifiers on some sections of the raid.

Skull Effect
Juggler - No ammo drops for your equipped weapon

Anger Issues - Minions of the Darkness display heightened aggression.

Angry - Minions of the Darkness won’t flinch, even after massive damage.

Arc Burn - Arc damage from any source is greatly increased.

Solar Burn -Solar damage from any source is greatly increased.

Void Burn- Void damage from any source is greatly increased.

Lightswitch - Minions of the Darkness deal much more melee damage.

Nightfall - You will face a relentless army that has never known defeat.
If all players die, you will be returned to orbit.

Heroic - Enemies appear in greater numbers and are more aggressive.

Mythic - Heavily shielded and highly aggressive enemies appear in great numbers.

Original Reddit Link to Skull Modifiers:

Currently watching Twitch streams of some guys attempting the raid. About half the raid is underleveled, 2 of them are 24. Not sure if it’s the levels or raid difficulty in general, but these guys are getting destroyed.

I fully believe it’s both. Fun to watch though

Yeah after watching streams it seems like the minimum level for everyone on the first boss is 25 and the second is 27. The damage reduction you the enemies get are ridiculous the lower level you are from them. Time to get to 27 this week! I’m still down to try the first boss at 6 later today.

Is the raid dropping better loot? Is that I better way to gear up?

You’ll probably want to rely on doing the higher level strikes, as well as the daily and weekly strikes instead of trying to gear up in the Raid itself.

Ok. That’s different from wow I think. I heard you played the raid for a week getting gear.

Yeah heroic strikes and even the dailies and weekly. Gotta get those engrams! After that just have to farm marks. Resets today so I’m defintely going to be wanting to do some strikes and pvp to get my helm. PvP first probably since I need 80 marks which kinda sucks. I need the strikes for the Bad Juju weapon.

Best way I’ve seen is to just farm coins to buy from the the black market guy on the weekends.
And grind Vanguard Reputation and Marks and buy from your Vanguard leader.

I like just buying for now, because you are guaranteed a legendary or exotic.

I’ll be honest I have never played WoW, so besides it being an MMO with difficult puzzle Raids, I don’t know much about it. I would assume that you play lower level Raids to gear up for the higher level ones. I guess the difference is that WoW has many Raids, so you hear of people Raiding to gear for other Raids. Destiny only has 1 Raid, which you’ll need to run Strikes and such to gear for it properly. Eventually we’ll have more than 1 Raid, and it’ll be feasible / common practice to Raid the lower level Raids in order to gear up for the higher ones.

That said, I’m sure you can gear up during the Raid itself, however I imagine you’re just as likely to get drops throughout the Raid as you would by doing the high level strikes. In fact the high level strikes would be more beneficial so you can get the rep / marks, postgame drops + midgame drops. Trying to do this in a Raid where you’re not geared properly, chances are your team will wipe a lot, may not complete the Raid (Not saying you’d be the sole cause of it though :P) which means no marks / rep earned, no postgame drops, etc. Ultimately you’d be relying on midgame drops to gear up which is just unreliable.

It sounds like there are some old MMO style mechanics in this. Some people were talking about some of the weapon drops in the raid do bonus damage vs. that type of enemy once leveled up. So instead of gearing up and plowing through it all, you have to do parts of it, gain weapons and come back. It already shows they don’t want people to just brute force through.

That’s why I thought you might grab some loot from it and come back. I’m only 21 so I was just hoping I could get a jump.

The drops will be relative to your level, and with you being at level 21 you won’t be able to hurt anything as they’re all 4+ levels above you.

Your getting close! Just keep upgrading armor and doing strikes. I’d start saving those Strange coins now. If you can get 12 by the weekend an Exotic armor piece will really jump your levels.

So no carry and boost :pensive: