Introducing: Community Leaders

We’re introducing a new concept and role here at Strats called Community Leader.

These individuals are Regulars who are active and engaged across multiple interfaces we use to communicate as a community (the official forum, Mumble, Twitch, Discord, etc) and epitomize what it means to be a Strategist. Their role also extends to places where Strats is represented but where we don’t have much moderation control (other game forums, reddit, in-game interfaces, etc) as ambassadors of the community.

Leaders are Regulars who have been around forever and seen everything. They set a positive example for the community through their actions and their posts. If you need advice, these are the folks you turn to first. If you have an interpersonal issue, chances are they have experience diffusing the situation gracefully.

Wherever discussion or interaction between Strategists or with other people takes place, these Leaders will be empowered to maintain balance, help dissolve escalating situations before they reach a head, and assist myself and the rest of the Strats leadership who can’t be everywhere all the time (@Vocino notwithstanding, of course; AI’s have it easy ;)).

The plan is for Leaders to represent no more than about 10% of current Regulars. That means 2 will be appointed now and as we continue to grow, we’ll enlist more. These Strategists will also be granted additional moderation abilities on Strats services to help us maintain order and awesomeness; their rights are as follows:

• edit all posts
  • pin/unpin topic
  • close topic
  • archive topic
  • make topic unlisted
  • split and merge topics
  • manage Discord messages
  • mute/move/kick people on Discord

We’re working to get something other than just a title applied to readily-identify these individuals (probably something akin to the Strats ‘S’ badges on the staff avatars). We are open to suggestions at this point; if anyone has any ideas, please let us know. Whatever we go with needs to clearly distinguish a Community Leader from a normal user without being misconstrued as a member of the Staff, so bear that in mind as you’re brainstorming (@Vocino has already vetoed my suggestion of cutie marks) :wink:

Be excellent to each other.

##Current Community Leaders:

Regular Status Improvement
Strats Trust Levels Explained

Eeep responsibilities… I’m fine with cutie marks, whatever they are.

Yay congrats @Biggles7268 and @ghosthog!!! happy for you guys!!!

That’s a pretty solid idea. And while I’ll give you points for the Most Excellent B&T references, your post did not contain enough to properly honour Rufus. For shame.

Seems like a good idea. I like. Congrats @Biggles7268 and @ghosthog!

Congrats guys on your appointments.

But I think you got the wrong guy lol. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ll do my best and should be on more now that exam week is done.

Leader Icons should be a hammer, to remind people the ban-hammer is there.

Community Leaders now have avatar badges, btw.

Can I get one? You know just for being me? I mean, I am pretty awesome after all.
I’m thinking like a big W just in case people don’t read my name. You know, because the first word people usually associate with W is wayward.