Invite or be invited

Good Morning all, hope you are all well.

Q: what is the educate when wanting to play with another person. Does one wait to be invited or does one invite?

I an new to online gaming or I should say playing with other people, or on a team. I am used to match making games like The Last of Us, where you just jump in with other people and start killing. I only ask because I don’t want to be presumptuous or considered rude. I know you are all laid back, but still.

I just want to know how it all works.

Any way, thanks and I hope you all have a great day.

1 Like

After you add everyone on the PSN Destiny list, just look for a party chat with other Strats members. If there is none, create one and invite people to the chat. From there you can talk to people and see what they are doing, ask if anyone wants to do bounties or the daily, etc. You should be able to find some takers and then just join their fireteam.

1 Like

I think the best way to get a feel for grouping in Destiny with our Strats player base it to:

• Add everyone to your PSN Friends list. Link Here. (make sure you put Strats in the remarks)
  • Hop into an open party chat and get a feel for what is going on. (When I am on line I often have a “Strats” Party chat just for this purpose.)
  • If no one in the current party chat can or wants to you need to, jump in another one (rinse and repeat.)

You can also post a Looking for Group in the LFG category , here is an example of how to do it.

Hope this helps!

Have fun and see you in game!

3 Likes

Where do I find these open parties? I have not noticed them in the “invite a friend” area or roster.
Please excuse my ignorance.

OK, I have almost completely added the whole list, stopped at the Ss last night. Where can I find the part chats?

The Party Chat is in your PSN menu by pressing the PS button. It’s the icon with the headset on it. Not in the Destiny Menu at all.

Look for this icon

3 Likes

Ooooohhhhhhh, thank you very much. See ya out there.