Kingdoms and Castles is a game about growing a kingdom

https://www.fig.co/campaigns/kingdoms-and-castles

Inspired by the SimCity series, Banished, and Stronghold, Kingdoms and Castles is a game about growing a kingdom from a tiny hamlet to a sprawling city and imposing castle.

Your kingdom must survive a living and dangerous world. Do the viking raiders make off with your villagers? Or are they stopped, full of arrows, at the castle gates? Does a dragon torch your granary, your people dying of starvation in the winter, or are you able to turn the beast back? The success of your kingdom depends solely on your skill as a city and castle planner.

City Design

Layout and expand your town strategically to improve your peasants’ happiness and to attract new residents. But make sure to tax them just enough so that you can fund your castle.

Make sure your peasants are fed in the winter and healed of plagues. Build churches to keep them from despair and taverns to keep them happy. You can even throw festivals if you’ve built a town square!

Send out wood cutters to collect wood, set up stone quarries to build your castes, and farm the land efficiently so your town can grow and thrive.

Fortify and Defend

The new land you’re settling is at risk of viking invasion. These raiders seek to kidnap and kill your peasants, steal your resources, and burn your town to the ground.

Use a powerful castle building system to create walls and towers to defend against the viking threat.

Castles are constructed using blocks which can be placed anywhere. Towers and walls are dynamically created based on how you stack and arrange them.

You can place archer towers and other weapon emplacements, their range is affected by the height of the their tower.

The castle building system is very flexible and allows all sorts of castle designs. You can try many different layouts to best protect your kingdom and express your glory and power as a king or queen.

Living World

And it all takes place in a beautiful dynamic world with a stylized procedural cloud system and season cycle from summer to winter.

A realistic tree growth algorithm simulates the forests. Depending on your needs, wood cutters can clear cut or responsibly manage your forests.

Upcoming Indie Games

Looks pretty cool. Q2 2017, hopefully I remember this then.

I love games like this.

Sim City meets Boom Beach (bad iphone app ref)?

I hope not.

Hahaha…the only comparison I was trying to make was boats coming to land and attacking :slight_smile: .

Same. I love games like this

This game looks PDQ! It also reminds me that I should give Stonehearth another look - I helped fund that title way back and then forgot about it.

Also looks neat! That art style, I like it. Don’t know bout the rest of y’all but I got the square fever.

Oh no, I saw this way too late :’(

Updates:

We’ve got a bunch of new stuff and big changes, including:

Now food must be transported from storage areas to the houses. We’ve introduced the concept of a “head of household” to the houses. The heads of household are responsible for finding food for the house and also bringing in charcoal. If a house doesn’t have food, the residents will go hungry so effective food distribution networks are essential.

We’ve also added a new building, called the Market, which aids in food distribution. It employs five workers with double carrying capacity who are purely dedicated to bringing food from granaries/farms/orchards to the market. You can use the market to supply your residential areas efficiently.

Beta keys will start going out on April 28th! Brave Knights and Wise Merchants keep a look out for the key emails.

This looks SO awesome, reminds me of Albion, I wonder if it will be similar game systems as that too.

Jesus not albion online again *shivers :expressionless:

This game isn’t an MMO.

big hit on twitch right now

lirik streaming to 22k

So awesome to see this thing succeeding.

I’ve been interested in this too - Usually I see games before they’re release but this just popped up. A few people’s reviews said it was too simple; what do you think?