Minecraft 1.9 "Combat Update" Coming Soon? (PC Java Version)

minecraft
pc

So before I get started I’d like to say this post is to talk about the additions that are probably coming to Minecraft 1.9 the Combat Update and also say that I cannot include pictures I’ve been having troubles with my Minecraft crashing so I couldn’t take any. And also this post is to say that the update might be coming soon!

Here is a picture of something Mojang (the makers of Minecraft) recently posted on there website www.mojang.com

With this being said they still have a good amount of work to do like nerfing, possibly removing some of the features they said they were adding, re-adding stuff they said they were going to remove, fix bugs, and a lot more but it is finally around the end of the snapshots so that means we should be seeing a pre-release 1.9 coming in the next few weeks or month(s)?

Anyway with all of that being said here is some of the features that are in the snapshots and remember a snapshot is not the final version and anything can be changed or removed by the final release of Minecraft 1.9 and nothing is guaranteed. Here is the full list of everything that has changed/been added and all of the bug fixes http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/1.9

Random Additions:

So here is a few “random” additions.

• Dominate Hand

• Users can now select what they want there dominate hand to be!
    This will now show your left/right hand on screen instead of always being right handed.

• Dual Wielding

• There is now an extra inventory slot that appears next to your hotbar but is hidden until something is put into the “off hand” (Non dominate hand).

• You can press the ‘F’ key to place items in your “off hand” inventory.

• If you have an item in your dominate hand and it does not have a “right click” use then you will use the item/block in your off hand.
    Example: Having a pickaxe in your dominate hand and torches in your “off hand” when right clicking it will place the torches.
    (Sorry if I didn’t explain this very well kinda hard to explain 100% the first few 30 seconds of this video will explain it and the rest of the video will also show you trips and tricks to dual wielding. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbni-CJWAqI )

• The void

• Is a new superflat preset.

• Spawns the player on a stone platform. No other terrain generates.

• The Void is now a biome with an ID of 127.

• Subtitles

• Subtitles which display on screen for each sound for the hard of hearing/deaf.

• Can be turned on or off in the “Music and sounds” options.

• Mobs have individualised subtitles, for example “Creeper hissing”.

• “<” or “>” points in the direction the sound is coming from.

Blocks

• Frosted Ice

• Created using the “frost walker” enchantement and cannot be obtained in the inventory.

• Despawns after a few seconds

• Despawns faster with a higher light level and does not despawn at night.

• End gateway

• The end gateway is a portal block that is used to transport the player to the new outer regions of the end.

• Naturally generates inside the end gateway structure after killing the dragon.

• End rod

• Used as a lighting source with the same brightness as torches.

• Generates in the end city dungeons and can be crafted using popped chorus fruit and a blaze rod.

• Placeable horizontally and vertically.

• Purpur block

• Has stair/slab/pillar versions.

Items

• End crystal

• Can be crafted using an eye of ender in the middle, a ghast tear on the bottom and 7 glass blocks on the remaining squares.

• Can only be placed on obsidian and bedrock blocks.

• Used on the exit portal in the end to respawn the dragon.

• Elytra

• Function according to hang glider aerodynamics.

• Have to be equipped in the “chestplate” slot in order to work.

• Found on End Ships within an item frame

• Cape not displayed while wearing

• Takes damage at a rate of 1/s

• Lingering potion

• Thrown like a splash potion.

• Leaves a patch of the potion particle effect on impact for a certain duration and will effect entities that walk into it.

• Brewed with dragon’s breath and a splash potion.

• Tipped potion arrows

• to craft splash down a lingering potion first, then shooting regular arrows through that cloud will give you a tipped arrow back.

• Shield

• Crafted using 6 planks and one iron ingot.

• Replaces the swords blocking feature. (Swords can no longer block)

• The player cannot attack while blocking.

• Can receive the “Unbreaking” enchantment through an enchanted book

• Arrows can ricochet off a shield to hit other entities.

Mob(s)

• Shulker
  • Shulker is short for “shell lurker”.
  • A hostile mob with the appearance and some behavior of a solid purple block.
  • Only spawns on the ground or at the walls of end cities when they first generate.
  • Its attack consists of shooting projectiles which follows the player but can only move along the X, Y, or Z axis.
  • Getting hit by a projectile causes 2 hearts of damage and causes the player to levitate for a certain amount of time.

Enchantments

• Frost Walker

• Turns water into meltable ice which decays in multiple stages. (Frosted ice)

• Can only be obtained from chest loot, fishing, or trading for enchanted books.

• Works while riding mobs

• Mending

• Any experience collected while holding the item repairs it instead of going to the experience bar.

• If multiple held items have the enchantment, one will be chosen at random for each XP orb collected.

• Repairs at a rate of 2 durability per XP.

• Can only be obtained from chest loot, fishing, or trading for enchanted books.

World generation

• The end

• Generates many islands in every direction from the main island, though separated by a gap of about 1,000 blocks.

• End city

• Generates on the new outer end islands.

• Dungeon-type structure fashioned like a branching tower made of endstone and many of the new blocks.

• Contains loot inside of chests.

• End ship

• It sometimes generates up in the air next to the end city dungeon.

• Has a dragon head, a brewing stand with potions of healing, a pair of elytra within an item frame, and other various loot.

• Igloos

• Spawns randomly in Ice Plains and Cold Taiga (but not the Hills variant).

• Some igloos have a stone brick basement, with a cauldron, 2 red carpets, a brewing stand, 3 spruce stairs, a cobweb and loot chest, along with a villager priest and zombie villager priest in iron bars. A trapdoor with ladders leads down, into the mossy brick basement, cracked and stone brick also available, with 2 torches.

• The zombie has the PersistenceRequired tag which makes it not despawn.

• Silverfish spawn in some stone brick blocks.

So there it is! Some of the new features that possibly will be added to Minecraft 1.9! How do you feel about some of the features? What is your favorite addition? What is a feature you’re not that into? And remember I did not listen even close to everything that is being added or changed so if you want to see everything check out this link here: http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/1.9

I’m personally liking the new addition to the end and the dual wielding. Stuff I’m not liking is a few bug fixes they’ve done (but they were bugs so of course this was going to happen sooner or later) and also some of the new combat features like the weapon cool down timer (although I haven’t tired it out yet so I don’t have much room to talk yet)

Thanks for the update. I’m glad they are still adding great things to this game.

Yeah it’s awesome to see that they are still adding stuff to the game always puts you on your toes wondering what they could add next.

This is some good information here. I’m looking forward to seeing what the modded community does with this.

Hmm… I haven’t thought about that I’m curious what they do with the dual wielding or if they even do anything. That makes me wonder myself what they might do with the new features. I need to get back into coding my mod.

Yeah i keep my minecraft fix to watching it on YouTube…if i get back into modded minecraft i will be lost to the world as i’m trying to snort my keyboard… the addiction soooo bad…

Ahaha! I understand that! I got into modded Minecraft a few years ago and now it’s hard to play on Vanilla anymore and if I do I need flight at least because I’m so spoiled. :stuck_out_tongue: I use to put so many hours into Modded I need to get back into it.

Now I get to sit around and wait for the Spigot 1.9 release :wink:

That’s the painful part. Back when I was staffing an old server the server always died for a few weeks - months until bukkit/spigot finally updated.

can we update our server or would we need to start fresh?

Honestly, we can just respawn The End and keep the server going; there were very few changes to world generation in this patch.

Yeah besides the igloo I think the end is the only world gen that changed. So a reset on the end is all that’s needed in my eyes.