Minecraft Performance Tips

Ok. So the Twitch client sucks as minecraft launcher. Many of you may have tweaked its settings but there’s not a lot you can do besides and max ram. It doesn’t set minimum ram and it also adds some other arguments not necessary. So the workaround is a little bit of a pain, but I find it gives a decent performance increase.

Basically, we’re going to overwrite the Twitch settings by copy/pasting into the Minecraft launcher after Twitch launches it.

In the Minecraft Launcher, choose Launch options (or profile options if have the older MC launcher).
Highlight the Strats profile, clear the JVM arguements and paste the following replacement based on your ram availability.

After pasting, click save, then click back on News tab to launch the game. I keep this line handy in a notepad doc on my desktop for easy access since have to paste this in everytime Twitch launches the MC launcher.

4G Standard modded

-XX:+UseG1GC -Xmx4G -Xms4G -Dsun.rmi.dgc.server.gcInterval=2147483646 -XX:+UnlockExperimentalVMOptions -XX:G1NewSizePercent=20 -XX:G1ReservePercent=20 -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=50 -XX:G1HeapRegionSize=32M

6G With Resource pack

-XX:+UseG1GC -Xmx6G -Xms6G -Dsun.rmi.dgc.server.gcInterval=2147483646 -XX:+UnlockExperimentalVMOptions -XX:G1NewSizePercent=20 -XX:G1ReservePercent=20 -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=50 -XX:G1HeapRegionSize=32M

8G with Shaders

-XX:+UseG1GC -Xmx8G -Xms8G -Dsun.rmi.dgc.server.gcInterval=2147483646 -XX:+UnlockExperimentalVMOptions -XX:G1NewSizePercent=20 -XX:G1ReservePercent=20 -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=50 -XX:G1HeapRegionSize=32M

I just manually type 8192 for the minimum in the JVM arguement and call it good :wink: