Mini Review: 80 Days

review

It’s great to see something refreshingly original. Loosely based on the book, you play the role of Fogg’s valet; planning the trip, exploring local towns, buying and selling to fund your trip. Plays a bit like an interactive novel and is a great joy to read. My only criticism is that you only know if you’re going to fail towards the end; you either make it in 80 days (4 hours) or you don’t.

Rating: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie:

Extra
There are SO many different things to see in this game if you take the time. Loads of extra stories and exciting adventures to go on. I visited 25 out of 169 cities and may well come back to play it again to see different stories. I almost made it in 80 days on my first trip, but I failed because the final air trip I needed to take cost £7000 more than I had, so I had to go back the way I came to find a bank, then wait a week to get more funds (I didn’t want to faff around with the markets and more travelling by that stage), then the airship crashed in the sea just outside England. I think the general strategy is that you need to make a lot of money early on in Europe to fund the more exotic locations. Unfortunately I felt rushed throughout, but if you treat it like an exploration game instead of a race, you might actually enjoy it more.

For more reviews, check out my Steam Quest page.