Mini Review: Far Cry 5

review

For open world brainless cathartic head-popping, you can’t go far wrong with this. The guns feel great, it’s well optimised, and it’s gorgeous. The story progresses once you’ve done a certain amount of any activities you like in any order, which is an interesting way of doing it. Taking over outposts is great fun, and you get animal companions too. Only complaints would be that the main character is mute, and the traditional Far Cry drug-induced scenes are just as annoying and weird. The main bad guys talk too much, and the ending of the game makes no sense whatsoever. If you disconnect and don’t want it to make sense though, blowing stuff up is pretty relaxing.

Rating: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie:

Side note - my play time is artificially inflated on this (to 53 hours) because when you quit the game, Steam keeps saying the game is running until you manually close Uplay -.-

For more reviews, check out my Steam Quest.

I’m definitely interested in this. The sale right now is decent, but I think I’m going to wait for the humble winter sale and see if it’s on for like… half price.

Yeah, AAA games when they come out are ridiculously expensive. I really enjoyed this one, but I try and keep it to €1/hour. It’s worth playing when you find it for a decent price though, if you like brainless shooters.