Initially bought at release & refunded because of poor FPS. A year later I noticed that, to their credit, Hello Games had continued to add free content & decided to give it another chance. I’ve quite enjoyed 15 hours with it & my verdict is that it’s a lot better than release, but still barely worth 50% off. It’s very grindy & ultimately feels like wasted potential.
- Seamless transition between earth and sky
- Learning words so you can understand aliens is awesome
- Scanning and logging alien life is cool (but pointless)
- View distance on planets is poor
- No oceans. All planets are 99% land?!
- Constantly farming basic resources to charge life support, fuel & weapons is boring and grindy
- Inventory management is constantly annoying
- Interface is clunky
- Jetpack is weak
- No manual takeoff/landing
- Space combat is pretty basic
For more reviews, check out my Steam Quest page.