Mini Review: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

review
nintendo

Fantastic in pretty much every way, everything I wanted from a modern Zelda game. I haven’t played Zelda for years so for me this was like a huge open world version of the Hyrule I grew up with. The things you can do with the physics, objects and weapons feel really natural. You can float things in to enemies, use wooden weapons as torches, drop bombs from a parachute and get enemies to smack each other off cliffs by mistake. Only real weak parts were the voice acting (especially Zelda) and the framerate is disappointing. Also love that you can now stealth and that there’s a temperature system. The amount of gear you can collect is awesome. Full of wonder and secrets to be discovered.

Rating: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie:

For more reviews, check out my Steam Quest page.

Top 10 games of 2018!

you said framerate, which system were you playing on? Really want this game but I only have a wiiU

I’ve got a Switch. I assume that’s more powerful than a Wii. Most of the time it’s fine, it depends what’s in the environment - but it is practically the first thing I noticed when I started playing the game. There’s definitely space in the future for a similar Zelda game on better hardware.