Mortal Kombat X

Anyone playing it? I’m loving it so far, although, I haven’t done any of the story yet.

There’s a story?

Yeah, supposedly it continues off all the other “stories”

I was surprised to learn that Kung Lao died in the last game as part of the story.

I’ve been considering this on Steam so I can bust out my fightstick.

I remember playing Mortal Combat (the original) as a kid at the arcade. We used to take bets and stuff. Those fighting games were so much fun in that setting.

It is a lot of fun. The story was short but very good. I’m looking forward to losing some online matches!

So far, I love it. It’s by far the best fighting game I’ve played since MK2 IMO. I’m partial to Mortal Kombat, but I think they really did a great job of it so far, including the Krypt and Tower modes as well.

I agree, I’ve only got two sessions in so far because of time, but what I’ve done so far has been really fun. I like that you can choose from different variants of fighting styles for each character. The Krypt is a fun way to spend coins, because you never know what you will get, skins, concept art, new fatalities (I think… that’s what I got). Hits really feel brutal, like you are doing a devastating attack.

I wish I knew how to do a lot of the stuff like x-rays and brutality attack though…

There has GOT to be a reason why everyone is fighting!

X-ray is L2 and R2 at the same time, when your meter is completely filled at the bottom of the screen. I haven’t quite done the brutality yet, because I’ve been focused on doing fatalities, but I assume it works just the same as the fatality

Brutalities are harder to execute than the fatalities. There’s a command list for each character on the options menu. I think it even lists the distance you need to be from the enemy (sweep distance, etc).

The fatality lists the distance, and it is definitely a harder combination than the brutalities. What I thought was that the brutalities are supposed to be easier, but I can’t say because I haven’t tried them. Have PT, then I’ll look them up

It’s true that there is a move list in the options, but most is “???” due to not being unlocked in the Krypt I think.

Thanks Burger! I was trying to figure out how to use the Meter. I know you can use that to “break” combos as well (At least I think that’s what the AI does to me). I did an x-ray one time by accident and it was… cool.

What’s your favorite character Burger?

I’ve always been a huge fan of Raiden and Skorpion. That’s all I’ve ever really played in any Mortal Kombat.

You?

I was using Kitana for a good bit of yesterday and was pretty pleased with the three variants. Tried out Ferra & Torr, which was interesting… I gravitate to big brawler characters like Zangief, my favorite Street Fighter but want to do something different.

Ahhhh good old Zangief. I can’t say I’ve ever really played street fighter, but I can say I’ve watched a lot of it because I have a few friends that are pretty into it. Did you get Goro?

Yeah, that’s one of the reasons why I bought it now instead of when I actually get time to play it. I played against him but not as him yet, because he is another big brawler. I don’t get how something that big can just fall from the sky and do massive damage.

Yeah, he can be pretty cheap sometimes. Thankfully, you can step forward or back to avoid the damage from it once you get the animation down

This was an impulse buy last week, and, to quote Gob, I think I’ve made a huge mistake.

I have zero experience with fighting games, but it got good reviews and looked interesting. But, I cannot for the life of me do the combos. I only tried to do the tutorials, and could not get past it. My guy would just jump up & down, or move back and forth. I did not realize the amount of skill it takes and I’m not sure I have the time and interest to devote to learning how to play. :frowning:

Are you using console or PC? If it’s console, you might try learning to maneuver and perform combos with the D-Pad if the game allows it. That might help with the basic back-forward or down-forward rather than the thumbsticks.