- The Tatooine Survival map will now support the Blast, Droid Run, Drop Zone, Hero Hunt, and Heroes vs Villains multiplayer modes, and is called Raider Camp.
- New Hoth-themed outfits for Luke Skywalker and Han Solo, both of which will be available to all fans when they play as these two iconic characters on Hoth – these were unlocked by our players for completing our Heroes’ Holiday community mission last month.
- We are giving players the ability to create Private Matches, which makes playing with friends even easier.
- The introduction of Daily Challenges and Community Events. These are designed to rally the Community around certain goals and objectives, giving players the chance to earn credits and unlocks even faster. We’ll have more news regarding
Community Events and Daily Challenges in the days ahead.
- And of course, we are also including some overall balancing tweaks to both weapons and multiplayer modes.
Also on the post, they mentioned the there’s 2 more new maps coming in February and March.
They also announced the titles for the DLC season!
- Star Wars™ Battlefront™ Outer Rim (March 2016) - Fight among the factories of Sullust and battle within Jabba the Hutt’s palace on Tatooine
Holy shit. “battle within Jabba the Hutt’s palace on Tatooine” Yes, please. Thanks.
- Star Wars™ Battlefront™ Bespin (Summer 2016) - It’s hunt or be hunted in this action-packed experience set in the Cloud City of Bespin
Bespin is probably one of the coolest sets in Star Wars, in my opinion. I’m very much looking forward to this.
- Star Wars™ Battlefront™ Death Star (Fall 2016) – That’s no moon! One of the most iconic locations in the Star Wars universe makes its debut in Star Wars Battlefront.
The rumors were true! The Death Star. Oh yes.
- Star Wars™ Battlefront™ Expansion Pack 4 – Title TBA (Early 2017) – We will have more details to share about this exciting new expansion pack in the coming months.
Overall, I think this looks really good. DICE always said this was to be a framework for multiplayer action in the Star Wars universe and I’m hoping that these kinds of updates continue. I bought the Season Pass already but the free updates are great, too.
The ability to create Private Matches is going to be huge. This will be a big boon for Strats as we had some trouble joining games with 5-8 people in a group.
One thing I think the game needs is a bit more player customization. With everyone hitting the level cap and earning credits, you start to see a lot of Twileks and Shadow Troopers (the top level customization). I’d like to see new stuff at the top level so it’s more diverse on the battlefield.