New Ghostbusters trailer vs. the original

The trailer for the Ghostbusters reboot is out now and is sadly really really bad.

Here is the original for reference

And the new one

It looks like a generic comedy wearing the skin of the dead and decapitated original movie.

Now watch the fan recut of the trailer, and think about how even though it’s 1000% better, the movie is still going to be the same, and try not to be sad :cry:

two things I am going to predict for this movie:
1- I will probably enjoy this more than others who loved the originals.
2- there will be some kind of racial controversy.

I’ll see you right back here after it comes out.

Oh man, it’s already all over the place; social justice warriors are out for blood :wink:

well, one down…

I’m just a little annoyed lately. I went to watch God’s of Egypt which was alright - came away thinking, all but one of those parts were perfectly cast (the main human guy, he sucked). When I got home and read what other people thought, all I could find was the phrase “white-wash” and how the makers were apologizing… the actors that I thought did an awesome job will likely receive no praise for their performances. Whatever. Anyhow, super excited for Ghostbusters, I really hope there is some cameo action

I wouldn’t call it racist, unappealing and neither funny nor helpful to telling a good story maybe.

this kinda sums up my opinion on the situation:

NM this sums it up:

You guys are so serious. I’m looking forward to new Ghostbusters love. I thought the trailer was fine. It doesn’t trigger me into a social justice war. It’s Ghostbusters.

I’m not so sure that Winston was an “essential part” of the team… he wasn’t in the movie for all that long. Janine was likely more essential than he was. He did discuss Twinkies a lot.

Comedy was a lot different 30 years ago. Aykroyd, Ramis (both wrote the movie) and Murray were in their prime when they did Ghostbusters. And everyone feels so strongly about the original movie, but how do you feel about Ghostbusters 2? :hankey:

I actually don’t watch a lot of recent comedy. Superbad and Knocked Up might be some of the last ones I have enjoyed. But Melissa McCarthy and Kristen Wiig are popular female comedic actresses. I am willing to give the movie a chance.

I don’t even know what to think about that tweet from this Maddox guy. Slap gags seem to be a staple in most comedy. :laughing:

yea, I’m super excited, and I for one loved the second one also. I mean come on, who wouldn’t get a little emotional watching a city cheer on the statue of liberty? :smile:

I appreciate the effort, but I personally don’t think it’s necessary to mark spoilers for a nearly 30 year old movie. :laughing:

whoa, is the fuzzing out something anyone can do? that’s awesome!

I dunno, I think she is doing a pretty good job of making it about social justice.

I apologize to everyone for bringing it up, won’t happen again

My feelings about it are my own. I’m cool with a new Ghostbusters movie where the ghost busters are female. That’s all I’m saying. I don’t know what this image is supposed to tell me (?).

Don’t be silly! Let’s talk Ghostbusters. I honestly don’t know what all the fuss is about. It’s freaking Ghostbusters!

I don’t care if they are female.

Leslie Jones is the black character in Ghostbusters. All the image was saying was:

I’m just explaining my position, I don’t care if other people want to go see the movie.

I’m giving the movie a “No-Go” because if I see someone re-tweeting racism it doesn’t make me feel amazing whipping out my wallet to pay them.

Ghostbusters 2 was a great movie, not as good as the first but that is a tough act to follow.

Edit - dem cameos

I’m just glad the stepped up the ghosts. They have the same aura of awesome about them as the ones did in 1984 when I went to an opening evening showing with my parents.