New User: Peter has arrived. :)

Hi guys, just wanted to pop over and drop a line. @simplyundrea (one of your newest streamers) actually made mention of it, and I thought I’d check you guys out. I’m terrible with keeping up with forums, but I’m insanely intrigued by this place for the message that it spreads (which aligns closely with my own) and because this forum is by far one of the slickest designs I’ve ever seen.

I don’t do much multiplayer gaming myself, but I have recently gotten into League of Legends so I don’t feel TOO out of place. I also do some MMO gaming like FFXIV, Eden Eternal, Guild Wars 2 and anything else that catches my eye, really. I’d say the majority of my gaming, however, lies in the JRPG realm. I play pretty much anything but sports games and FPS games, but I’ve found a few in both genres that I have enjoyed in the past.

I am a streamer, and have been doing so seriously since January of 2014. I recently have cut back a bit, due to finding a love interest who has been, quite easily, the best thing that’s happened to me. I’ll spare you the details though. Since then I’ve definitely streamed far less, but she’s been a real sport about giving me my time to do so. We actually started streaming together in a “couple stream” of sorts, which we are calling #MordorMonday. She and I play Shadow of Mordor in an educational environment as I teach her how to play games again.

If things pick back up for me streaming wise, maybe I’ll discuss about joining up with the team. I’d like a nice, cohesive environment (and after all, you guys have Undrea, so how much better does it get?) but I also don’t want to convolute your message, either. Your focus is clearly multiplayer and that certainly isn’t my cup of tea at all.

Anyway, I hope I find a way to stick around here as much as I can, and look forward to getting to talk with you all at some point. Feel free to add me on any platform, just let me know where you’re from. :smile:

Take care, everyone.

-P

Welcome! Great intro. Congratulations on your new relationship. In regards to streaming, we have a core group that basically streams every time they game but there are a lot that do it more casually.

What gaming systems do you play on? A lot of us also play single player games but usually we will have a PSN party chat open (something with Strats in the name) where we chat.

Thanks; I’m certainly no stranger to forums, but it’s been quite a while since I’ve been here. Thank you as well for the congrats. I’m incredibly grateful for it, that’s for sure.

I used to be a “core group” as you called them. I streamed 6-7 days a week, and was only gaming when I was streaming. Now, I’ve been doing that a lot less, but I might get back into it as things settle with the relationship. We’re both trying to get into a routine.

I game on everything but the Microsoft family of game products, but PC is included. I use my PS4 for the PS4 games, an Elgato/Xsplit for every other console and PC games. My streaming has been pretty much reduced to Mondays, but I’m going to be trying a more regular thing in the near future and see how it coincides with our schedules with The Last of Us Remastered. From there, I’ll have a better idea of what streaming regularly will be like.

No matter what though, I’m definitely back in business when FFType-0 comes out. I’ve been waiting for that for a while, and my core group of followers to my stream have been anxiously awaiting a new playthrough of a JRPG again.

Thanks for the welcome. :smile:

Welcome! I great intro post too.

Because every gamer needs more Peter at his party.

@Dynamible Thank you!

@teh_ninjaneer As well as we need teh_ninjaneer’s as well. :smiley:

Welcome back!

Welcome Peter! I’m glad to see we are making connections to people that want to be a part of our goals and are here for the long haul! You can thank Vocino for all (i think all?) of the forum stuff! I think its difficult to find those like-minded people out there in the gaming world while not trying to recruit everyone we see, and I hope we can maintain those connections in the future!

Welcome Peter!

Some of us like Mulitplayer games and others prefer single player. We have had some of our members live on the Mumble server and other that chose to express themselves via the forums. There is no right way to enjoy Strats, just your way. Welcome once again and I’ll see you in game.

Welcome! Good luck with your partner and hopefully we get to see you a bit more often, as im sure you were missed. As a tangent, @Vocino is by far one of the more talented people ive seen. He did really well with the forums.

Hope to see you around. :slight_smile:

@MrSavage Welcome…back? WAS I HERE BEFORE?! :slight_smile:

@PittInjury Yes I agree. If you go to my Twitch channel, you can see what I was establishing there was very much like what is going on here: mutual respect for all gamers, regardless of who that person is or what they like. I find that the best people come on their own.

@tommy2118 I admittedly shy away from multiplayer games due to the hostility. I game to have fun and relax, not be chastised for a bad game. Thanks for the welcome.

@VintageMusic Indeed; these forums are very slick, to say the least. Thank you for the well wishes. If I end up doing more streaming, I’ll keep you all posted.

Don’t we all. That was one of the driving factors for the creation of StratsCo.

Welcome to the Dark side brother, really happy to have you here, and congrats on your relationship that’s always a wonderful thing. As I think @Vocino said there’s alot of us that do play single player games (Dragon Age is a big one right now) but when we play we’ll hop in a PSN party and chat it up as we go. Looking forward to seeing some streams as I am starting to get into it myself.

I will definitely check out your stream! At Strats, we tend to play games together, (i.e. Destiny, GTA, Dragon Age, Battlefield, and others) so most of your multiplayer woes should be taken care of that way. More of a “put you at ease” than a “come play with us :flushed: .”

EDIT: oops, i was too slow to respond to your multiplayer woes because I was trying to find the right emoji…

@DrizztDo_Urden69 Thank you for the welcome. If you need any assistance when streaming (specs, programs, etc.) just let me know. I’d be happy to help. One of these days I’ll have to create a “I want to stream but I don’t know shit about it. HELP!” report. :slight_smile:

@PittInjury That would be very cool. Thank you for that.I know that the reason League became more bearable for me is because of how much easier it was having four other friends helping me along the way. Like I said, I’m not opposed to it, I just do more co-op than competitive. I’m a gamer; it takes a lot more than some evil do-ers to keep me away.

@peterthomas6 thank you, once I get my new comp I will definitely be asking questions haha.

sorry i misread that as you had been here before! But welcome back now :wink:

Welcome! c:

FTFY

Also, welcome aboard @PeterThomas6; you seem to fitting in quite nicely but feel free to hit us up if there’s anything you need or if you have any questions :wink:

@Screamowaffles Thank you. :smiley:

@Auth Thanks. :slight_smile: