Official Mumble Information (Updated!)

Strats maintains a mumble server that shares the forum authentication, user trust levels, and groups. People can join without a password but will have limited rights. If you want to invite someone who will have full access, use the invite friend system or tell them to sign up.

Mumble is an open-source, cross-platform VOIP application. It operates similarly to common closed-source programs TeamSpeak and Ventrilo. At the moment Mumble is one of the best VoIP applications to due to its open licensing, allowing for alliances to run servers that can host several thousand players without financial penalty.

mumble.strats.co

Mumble Etiquette

We all like to have fun and joke around. That is perfectly fine. Use common sense though. It might go without saying but we’ve all been in situations while gaming where there’s that one guy that just doesn’t know how to draw the line.

No racist, homophobic, hate mongering. We are a diverse group of players from different parts of the world with different stories and have different worldviews. Conduct yourself in a thoughtful, intelligent manner deserving of mutual respect. Just because you’re not face-to-face doesn’t mean your speech is not a reflection of you.

Apart from that, here are some other things to keep in mind:

• Use Push-to-Talk (see below)
  • Are you in a PVP raid and Command is talking? Don’t talk.
  • Did someone say “CHECK!” or “COMMS!”? Don’t talk.
  • Are you keying up to burp, fart, munch, or yawn? Don’t.

Connecting to Mumble

To connect to the Strats mumble server as a registered user, all you need is a forum account. Your username, password, group access, avatar, and status all carry over (yes, if you get banned from the forum, you are banned from mumble).

First, download Mumble.

• Address mumble.strats.co
  • Port 64738 (the default)
  • Username is your username here on the forum
    (Don’t add anything extra to it like @ or other such stuff, just your username!)

Oh no! WTF is my password?

Once you connect, you will be prompted for a password. This is the password you use to sign in to forum.strats.co. If you don’t know what your password is, you can change it any time by going to your profile > preferences and clicking the “Send Password Reset Email” button.

Push to Talk (PTT)

There is nothing more annoying than hearing other people type or breathe into their microphone constantly. If you leave push-to-talk off during an op then you are liable to be ripped apart by the everyone else in the channel.

This is why push to talk is mandatory. Not to mention, it actually saves bandwidth, too.

To turn on push to talk for Mumble, follow these steps.

1. Open up Mumble
  2. Click the “Configure” option at the top, then click settings
  3. You should now be in the Audio Input settings area, under the Transmission area make sure the Transmit drop down box is set to “Push to Talk”
  4. Now you need to assign a key that you will need to press so others can hear you. To do this click the “Shortcuts” button on the left hand side of the Settings dialog box.
  5. There should be a listing there labeled “Push-to-Talk”, click on the Shortcut column and press the key that you wish to be your push to talk key.

Now you’re ready for battle, good job!

Strats Weekly + Zombie Army Trilogy Giveaway - 5 October 2015 - 9:00pm EDT
Fatallyhuggable new to GW2
[Destiny] STCO Clan [PS4/XB1] (PVX)
Strats Weekly + Giveaway - 12 October 2015 - 9:00pm EDT
Discussion about New User Education
Strats Weekly + Giveaway - 26 October 2015 - 9:0pm EDT
Tips for having a smooth 24+ hour stream?
Strats Weekly + Giveaway - 2 November 2015 - 9:00pm EDT
Strats Weekly + Fallout 4 Giveaway - 9 November 2015 - 9:00pm EST
Albion Online: PVE[StratsCo] | PVP[Strats]
Albion Online - Main Thread
Strats Weekly + Giveaway - 16 November 2015 - 9:00pm EST
Strats Albion Meeting - Sunday - 22 November - 7pm EST
Strats Weekly + Giveaway - 23 November 2015 - 9:00pm EST
Strats Weekly + Giveaway - 30 November 2015 - 9:00pm EST
Strats Weekly + PS4 Giveaway Holiday Special - 21 December 2015 @ 9:00pm EST
Strats Weekly + Giveaway - 7 December 2015 - 9:00pm EST
Elder Scrolls Online Recruiting Flyer : Strategy and Company
Introducing: Community Leaders
Strats Weekly + Giveaway - 14 December 2015 - 9:00pm EST
ESO Re-Play Through
Strats Weekly + Giveaway - 4 January 2016 - 9:00pm EST
[SWTOR] Strats & Co (Light+Dark Guilds)
Have you ever had a subscription to SWTOR? Please help your fellow Strategists!
[SWTOR] Strats & Co (Light+Dark Guilds)
Spirit Vale Raid GW2 1/13
Strats Weekly + Giveaway - 18 January 2016 - 9:00pm EST
Strats Weekly + Giveaway - 25 January 2016 - 9:00pm EST
Straturday - Guns of Icarus Online - 6 February 2016
Strats Weekly + Giveaway - 1 February 2016 - 9:00pm EST / 2 February 2016 - 2:00am UTC
Straturday - Rocket League - 13 February 2016
Strats Weekly + Giveaway - 8 February 2016 - 9:00pm EST / 9 February 2016 - 2:00am UTC
Strats Corp. PC Outfit
Straturday - The Division - 20 February 2016
Strats Weekly + Giveaway - 15 February 2016 - 9:00pm EST / 16 February 2016 2:00am UTC
Strats Weekly + Giveaway - 22 February 2016 - 9:00pm EST / 23 February 2016 2:00am UTC
Straturday - Grand Theft Auto 5 - 27 February 2016
Straturday - Minecraft - 5 March 2016
Hello from Skantzo
Strats Weekly + Giveaway - 29 February 2016 - 9:00pm EST / 1 March 2016 2:00am UTC
More ArcheAge keys?
Strats Weekly + The Division Giveaway - 7 March 2016 - 9:00pm EST / 8 March 2016 2:00am UTC
Strats Weekly + Giveaway - 21 March 2016 - 9:00pm EDT / 22 March - 1:00am UTC
Strats Weekly + Giveaway - 28 March 2016 - 9:00pm EDT / 29 March 2016 - 1:00am UTC
Strats Weekly + Hyper Light Drifter Giveaway - 4 April 2016 - 9:00pm EDT / 5 April 2016 - 1:am UTC
Strats streaming assets by Wheatums
Strats Weekly + Movie Giveaway - 25 April 2016 - 9:00pm EDT / 26 April 2016 - 1:00am UTC
Strats Weekly + Hero Shooter Giveaway - 2 May 2016 - 9:00pm EDT / 3 May 2016 - 1:00am UTC
Hello from Canada (PST)
Strats Weekly + Giveaway - 9 May 2016 - 9:00pm EDT / 10 May 2016 - 1:00am UTC
Newbie here (Black Desert Online)
Strats Weekly + Giveaway - 16 May 2016 - 9:00pm EDT / 17 May 2016 - 1:00am UTC
[Riders of Icarus] StratsCo [Guild]
Strats Weekly + Overwatch (PC) Giveaway - 23 May 2016 - 9:00pm EDT / 24 May 2016 - 1:00am UTC
Strats Weekly + Giveaway - 30 May 2016 - 9:00pm EDT / 31 May 2016 - 1:00am UTC
Strats Weekly + Giveaway - 6 June 2016 - 9:00pm EDT / 7 June 2016 - 1:00am UTC
Strats Weekly + Giveaway - 13 June 2016 - 9:00pm EDT / 14 June 2016 - 1:00am UTC
Strats Weekly + Giveaway - 20 June 2016 - 9:00pm EDT / 21 June 2016 - 1:00am UTC
Strats Weekly + Giveaway - 27 June 2016 - 9:00pm EDT / 28 June 2016 - 1:00am UTC
Strats Weekly + Giveaway - 11 July 2016 - 9:00pm EDT / 12 July 2016 - 1:00am UTC
Strats Weekly + Giveaway - 18 July 2016 - 9:00pm EDT / 19 July 2016 - 1:00am UTC
Strats Weekly + Giveaway - 25 July 2016 - 9:00pm EDT / 26 July 2016 - 1:00am UTC
Albion Online Meeting - Planning for the Second Beta (B2)
Strats Weekly + Giveaway - 1 August 2016 - 9:00pm EDT / 2 August 2016 - 1:00am UTC
Strats and Discord Permission Integration is LIVE!
Friday Twitch Collaboration
Introduce Yourself (the old huge thread)
Welcome to Archeage! We play on Enla!
Mega ArcheAge Key Drop
ArcheAge Closed Beta 3 Keys
Kick in the Face
Strats ArcheAge Closed Beta 3 Event
Archeage New member Guide! +Crafting guild info
Dragon Age: Inquisition (an introduction)
Archeage Thanksgiving contest
Welcome to the Strats & Co. Battlefield Platoons
Welcome to Wildstar! (Orientation Thread)
[ArcheAge] Strats Guild [PC] (PVX)
Wildstar Launch Day Preparation Suggestions
Star Wars Weekend Marathon Stream - This Friday, Saturday, & Sunday
Strats Weekly + Giveaway - 19 October 2015 - 9:00pm EDT
Strats Office Hours [CLOSED]
Friendly reminder: Get on Mumble
ESO Guild Invites, post here!
Strats Weekly + TwitchCon Wrap-up/Giveaways - 28 September 2015 - 9:00pm EDT
Strats Weekly + Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Giveaway - 21 September 2015 - 9:00pm EDT
Strats Weekly + Giveaway - 14 September 2015 - 9:00pm EDT
Strats Weekly - 7 September 2015 - 9:00pm EDT
Strats Weekly + Brawlhalla Giveaway - 31 August 2015 - 9:00 EDT
Strats Weekly + Giveaway - 24 August 2015 - 9:00pm EDT
Twitch (Strats) plays - What are some great RPGs that don’t require a mouse?
Strats Weekly + Orbital Gear Giveaway - 17 August 2015 - 9:00pm EDT
Strats Weekly + Brawlhalla Giveaway - 3 August 2015 - 9:00 EDT
Strats Weekly + Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon Giveaway - 10 August 2015 - 9:00pm EDT
Introduction: Rauda
Strats Weekly + Terraria Giveaway - 13 July 2015 - 9:00 EDT
Introduction: Brabbit
What do YOU wanna do as a group?
Welcome to Wildstar! (Orientation Thread)
Hello everyone, it's Calibian
Strats Weekly - 6 July 2015 - 9:00pm EDT
Hello, New Albion Player!
Hi, im Fiction ! ^-^
Albion Online: Highly suggest you join the mumble
Albion online: Guild creation discussion
Strats & Co. Albion Online Alliance - Guild Registry
Strats Weekly (Special Albion Online Edition) - 29 June 2015 - 9:00pm EDT
PVP or World Boss event for next/this Sunday (May 18th)
Looking for someone/guild to play anything with
Hey there! McKenzie here.<3
Stratco Mumble?
Strats Weekly Meeting - 4 May 2015 - 9:00pm EDT
[Star Citizen] STRATS Organization [PC]
Strats ESO Guild Recruitment, post here for an invite!
Strats ESO Guild Recruitment, post here for an invite!
Scouting Mission
uranium52's introduction to strats.co
Weekly Leadership Meetings and You [Redacted]
The Strategy & Co. ESO Guild (NA, AD, Volendrung)
Just joined and looking for Archeage players
Get in mumble!

I’ve opened this topic so if anyone has issues they can simply post here and others can learn from those questions.

having trouble connecting to mumble tonight. does it have something to do with the fact that i’m using google to login? maybe it’s not liking the fact that i’m using dontcallmejames as my username instead of my gmail address.

No, dontcallmejames is your username. Have you set a password? If not, see the thread above. If you signed up via google, you’ll need to set a password manually by following the instructions above.

From the logs, looks like @Sybrine is having the same issue so maybe she’ll see this too.

thanks, waiting for password reset email now. i’m a dummy and didn’t read above.

Is anyone else having issues with mumble on win 7 x64 bit? I have Verizon FiOS and checked my ping through some other avenues and I don’t understand why I’m getting 780+ms ping. On top of that, the program is laggy, clicks take a few seconds and drop downs don’t respond right away. If anyone else experienced this and has a fix please let me know.

Thanks!

I’m not sure what that could be. If the app itself is sluggish, something else is likely at play. Are you sure you’re using the latest build? You might want to try a special Windows 7 snapshot build.

Fixed, installed the snapshot build. Thanks!

Awesome, let us know if you run into any other issues. As Mumble is open source, there’s generally a build to solve most issues out there.

Able to connect with my forum password, but dont have permissions to switch channels

You’re still listed as a new user. Trust is gained automatically by forum usage. If you read and interact a bit, it takes no time at all (like 10 minutes). Otherwise, you can request a drag from @Majordomo, @Biff_Tannen, @Vocino, @tommy2118.

FYI, it seems if you use G+ to register with this site you will have to use the “change password” tool to be able to get into mumble. When I first tried using my google password, no dice, did a pw reset and was able to get in easily.

Yup, that is covered in the “Oh no! WTF is my password?” section of the OP :smile:

What’s a good key for push to talk? I’ve never used mumble before.

Unfortunately @tam , there is not any “one” good key. You might love one key in WildStar but it might give you fits in another game. I think a lot of people use ` (directly above the TAB key). The good news is that you can have multiple keys set up in mumble and just suppress the ones you are not using. Hope this helps.

@tam I actually use my caps lock, and then I deleted the function from my registry of the caps lock, so programs still see it as the caps lock button but it doesn’t actually caps lock…it’s worked really nicely especially cause I have no need TO YELL IN CHAT! =)

The other thing you could do is if you have a logitech (or razer/corsair) keyboard you can bind a macro button specific for push to talk. The Logitech G930 headset also has a push to talk assignable button that that’s all it does. I don’t really recommend the G930 tho…I’ve had two…and both have failed me after 6 months…I’m not bitter about it…but they are expensive…so maybe a little bitter =)

Here is a registry edit to kill caps lock for windows Vista, 7, and 8.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9rjChyhR4aDLXRoN2VKZk9NaW8/edit?usp=sharing

I was going to ask you to help me out with this thanks!

If you don’t want to mess around with windows registry/want caps lock to work sometimes: