OH GOD: An insanely impossible decision to transfer or not transfer to PS4

elderscrollsonline
pc

Honestly, I think I would rather play this game on a PC. What are you guys thinking?

Greetings Travis,

You are eligible for The Elder Scrolls® Online: Tamriel Unlimited™ for Console with account copy. You will find it on sale for pre-purchase for $20.00 at account.elderscrollsonline.com/store when logged in using your eligible The Elder Scrolls Online account on April 9, 2015.

This special offer to pre-purchase a digital copy of an Xbox One and/or PlayStation 4 version of the game, will only be available on the store for 30 (thirty) days. After the 30-day period, you will no longer be able to purchase this special digital copy of The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited for console or copy your PC/Mac account to console in any other way.

Please note that if you take part in this offer, your character and account details will not be copied immediately upon pre-purchasing The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited for Console with account copy. Keep an eye on your email for more information on the account copy process as well as your digital game code. For more information on eligibility requirements, transfer restrictions, and redemption instructions please visit help.elderscrollsonline.com.

The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One will launch worldwide on June 9th, and we can’t wait to see you in Tamriel!

The Elder Scrolls Online Team

Well, one HUGE thing is that you probably won’t have add-ons on a console. For me, that is a deciding factor. Not to mention lower graphics, dealing with the console crowd (even my console loving sister admits the community in consoles is worse than PC), and how many Strats members you will see on the console type you use. If you already have bought the console version, you could run both and get a good comparison.

I was just discussing this with @Nubhugs earlier in the week. I was wondering if some people would bail for the PS4.

I would most likely stay on the PC. I struggle to log in and stick with my console games.

I am curious to learn how popular this game will be on the consoles, though. Cross-platform MMOs seem to do better on the console. I know DC Universe has more players on Playstation. Not certain about FF14.

Since it’s only $20, and no membership required, I’d be tempted to at least try it and see which I liked better.

That 20 bucks copies your PC account to console, though.

Edit - A year ago when this happened I thought it transferred your account. Maybe that has changed,

I would be more apt to play this on console than PC. just my personal preference…and i know alot of other people are waiting on this for ps4 so they can play.

Yeah, I would want clarification if it means you can’t access the PC version anymore. That is a big question.

Also, I don’t seem to have received this announcement and offer. No bueno.

taken from the ESO store:

You can continue to play on both your PC/Mac and Playstation®4 accounts, but progress will not be shared between the two platforms

its on the ESO online store for everyone.

I think once I learn the fundamentals of ESO and if get this offer I will take it. Like @teh_ninjaneer said, there is going to be a big market for the console versions. A HUGE wave of players that want that pleb MMO experience on their console. This means a lot of players looking to group up and do things and they are going to need a friendly foundation to teach and guide them. Also with ESO’s very small skillbar the controller might work really well (It did for Final Fantasy 14 and that had three times the skill bars). Only problem is keyboard typing, which in this day and age everyone has a USB keyboard to plug into the PS4’s very wimpy amount of USB ports

Look at something you can compare stats too. Check out Battlefield Hardline Player Stats. As of writing this there are 46,000 people playing on the PS4 alone (On the weekend there are average 90,000. But dead game right LOLZ?), with 9,000 playing on the PC. Granted this is just a shooter and there is a wider audience for this type of game, that is an insane difference in player base. I feel that ESO will be the same way.

Though the PC experience is still great. I had a blast last night talking with Strats members I had never even met before even after being here for over six months. Plus I got to casually play a video game, my favorite way to play a video game.

Everyone’s going to leave me alone on the PC. :sadgumball:

:sadgumball: If only you had a PS4

I will always be on PC. My sister and I have the PC Masterrace vs Console Peasant argument all the time. We both concede the points that the other makes. There are pros and cons to each. For me, it’s worth the cost to have the best graphics and controls, add-ons, mods for other games, etc. For her, it’s ease of use, less bugs since there aren’t a million video card/memory/chip combos, and less costly for the system.

I’ve never ever had a good experience with an MMORPG on a console. It fucking sucks. Honestly.

Not to mention, the people that pick it up for console will come and go. It’s a price grab. Generally speaking, MMO PC players are long-haul for their ultra immersive persistent RPG stuff like that. Anyone who has been playing ESO on PC for this long is going to be there for a long time.

Seems TESO will require PS+ sub while DCUO and FF14 do not. That’s kinda weird.

Wonder if it’s because Microsoft requires Live so Sony had to follow suit.

If you already have the PS+ sub, it’s no big deal, but if you don’t, you are basically paying a sub to play ESO without the Crowns and XP benefit.

I’m reading the forum thread about this topic now. I forgot that Neverwinter recently released on X1 (Mar 31). Seems it had a strong initial reception.

TESO might be a thing on consoles.

I think I’ll keep playing ESO on PC. I can’t see being able to coordinate 20-30 guild members on a real intense PvP run using Party chat. I also like the mouse and keyboard for this style of game. It might do well on the XB1/PS4… But as long as there is a nice sized group of Strats members on PC, that’s where I’ll be.

I wonder how the controls would work on a console.
4 direction keys= joystick, sure but:
5 skill buttons
Ultimate
Weapon switch
Inventory
Use key
Mount key
Guild key
Party key
Skill setup key
Use synergy key
Cyrodiil campaign key
Crown Store key
Dodge key
Journal key
Map key
Quickslot key
And I am sure that I am leaving out a few too. I use a Razer Nostromo gaming keypad and have all 18 buttons programmed. I use a Razer Naga MMO mouse and have all 6 buttons programmed, on top of the left and right click. I don’t see how a console controller can do all this without using a menu system, which will slow people down a lot. I think I have something like 26 different functions programmed.