Opera GX Gaming Browser

Is this a browser nobody asked for, yet likely wants? I haz teh confuzzle.

0 Likes

Well, it sure has that current trend of looking gamer down, I guess.

0 Likes

It definitely feels slick. I’m tempted to give it (or Opera) a spin - I’ve always used Chrome and happen to be curious if there’s a better browser out there. Not that I have anything against Chrome…

0 Likes

Firefox seems to be the new hotness right now.

0 Likes

Seems like there’s a quiet little browser war going on right now. I currently have like 6 browsers installed right now. That’s very unlike me. I was a die hard chrome fan since beta. Lately I’ve checked out Brave (chromium based), Opera, Opera GX, Firefox, and the new Edge Developer (chromium based). They all seem very nice and definitely upgrades to plain old chrome. There seems to be a focus on speed as well as ad blocking and VPN on some of the newer releases. They all seem very fast. Reddit seems to love Brave right now but I’m also hearing a lot of really good things about Firefox lately. What I do like about the browser mentioned in the OP, Opera GX, is the CPU and memory throttling, though I haven’t tested it thoroughly yet. There’s also the RGB syncing, too bad it’s only for Razer gear now (boooo). The video pop out feature is nice too, but that can be accomplished through various extensions in other browsers.

0 Likes

I actually gave this a hot minute or two. Just found myself wanting to go back to Chrome for some reason.

0 Likes

I’ve been using Vivaldi for a year or so now and enjoying it. Apparently it’s the same people that made the OG Opera browser, and then split off to do their own thing.

Haven’t checked out Brave though.

0 Likes