Out with the old, in with the new

It’s a sad day for us here at Strats

As many of you know, our development and front-end team of @therubymug, @tommy2118, and @shane have done a marvelous job improving and maintaining what began as little more than a goon squad chat bot from the early 2000’s, but despite their best efforts we’ve been unable to get it up to the high standard we here at Strats aspire to. Thus, I regret to inform everyone that after 4 long, hard years of tireless efforts by the team, we’ve decided to discontinue the @Vocino AI. We didn’t come to this decision lightly, but with the community’s 4th anniversary right around the corner we decided enough was enough; as of midnight PDT last night we pulled the plug. Good night, you dysfunctional shit-of-a-bot.

Unfortunately, the @Vocino account is inextricably tied to all things Strats, so deleting it wasn’t an option. In an effort to disguise the true nature of the AI, we’ve had a model on retainer for years that’s served as the believable-ish face of our AI and its fabricated life. They share a common name (we actually named the AI after him to avoid confusing his simple mind; male models aren’t always the sharpest knives in the drawer), but they’re different in almost every way imaginable. Remember when @Vocino went to London for a year? Yeah, the model was in court-ordered rehab. Despite this, we need to maintain the @Vocino account, so for the time being we’re entrusting it to Travis until we can come up with a better solution. Please let myself, @Bradum, or @lyteforce know if he gets out of line; I’ll follow-up in a day or two with our plan of action moving forward.

We know it’s not an ideal solution, but it’s the best we’ve got right now. Thanks for your understanding; we’ll see you in game.

Strategically,
Auth

I’ll @supereveryone in the Discord.

Rip @Vocino; All hail our new AI overlord… Travis

Sometimes you gotta just dedicate resources to different areas.

should have gone with a hand model. Would have brought less problems.