Overwatch coming to consoles!

xb1
ps4
overwatch

GameStop has let the cat out of the bag: Overwatch will be available on PS4 and XB1. Looks like the game will be buy-to-play at $60. Full announcement might be tomorrow during BlizzCon opening ceremony.

I would venture to guess that the placeholder date of Dec. 31st 2016 is an indicator that we will not see release this year.

i kinda feel like they’re missing a huge money making opportunity. this game feels like a prime example to have a free-to-play with microtransactions for skins and gun skins, accessories etc. Heroes of the Storm and League of Legends make tons of money on that model. who knows, maybe they’ll charge $60 and still follow the microtransactions model. that will be a little disappointing. i’ll probably still end up playing it.

I thought that as well but Team Fortress 2 has been an extremely popular game without adding any new classes. All they added was a large amount of hats.

yeah that’s a little apples and oranges though. TF2 was originally a buy-to-play, but later became free-to-play i think. and i wasn’t talking about adding new classes. Overwatch appears to have more classes than TF2 by a mile, so i’m sure the number of classes will be fine. but the customization is where the money is at. i’m just a little surprised they didn’t pounce on that one.

Buy-to-Play launch with a transition to Free-to-Play after a certain sales rate basement has been hit is a common pre-established model these days.

And that right there is why they will be able to pull it off.

Yeah exactly. And I’ve heard a bunch of people saying exactly what I said. They still got us by the short ones!

3 posts were split to a new topic: Overwatch Release Information!

Yeeeeeees! I was drooling over this game watching the big streamers play it.

I cannot wait to get my hands on Overwatch! It looks like a mess load of fun. ^^

XBOX ONE!!! LETS Go

Depending on how they do micro transactions will most likely keep me from buying. I’m not a fan of paying full retail price to get nickel and dimed down the road.