Welcome to The Elder Scrolls Online v1.2.3. This version contains our
second major content update, the introduction of the new Veteran Crypt
of Hearts dungeon, as well as many other fixes and refinements to
gameplay, quests, and more. We have also added a new FOV slider for
first-person view, and improved the overall interaction with the world.
BIG CHANGES / UPDATES / NEW FEATURES
Veteran Crypt of Hearts Dungeon
- Veteran Crypt of Hearts is open! The lich Nerien’eth has returned to
inflict endless agony on the spirits he trapped in the original Crypt
of Hearts. Fight mysterious Daedra and ultimately the lich himself to
free these souls in an entirely new content experience. Veteran Crypt
of Hearts continues the story begun in the original dungeon. This
Veteran Dungeon is intended to be a challenge for groups of Veteran
Rank 12 player characters.
- Our new field of view slider allows you to change the field of view
while playing in first-person mode, and will let you change between
the minimum FOV of 70 up to the maximum FOV of 130.The slider
settings can be found in Settings > Camera, and under the First
Person section.Your setting will be saved per character.
Pick up Armor and Weapons
- Weapons and armor found in the world can now be picked up and
equipped. These items are low quality, but can be used if
needed.These items sell for 0 gold.These items can be upgraded
through crafting.These items can be deconstructed, but yield very low
inspiration and rarely yield usable resources.
Improved Interior Lighting
- They say a picture is worth a thousand words, so take a look at these
images of our new window projections:
- Have updrafts been an issue for you robe wearers? Rejoice, citizens
of Tamriel, as you may now craft light jerkins for added comfort and
Solo vs Group Content Callouts
- To reduce confusion when separated from your friends while entering
solo instances, all doors and loading screens will now tell you what
type of instance you are about to enter. For example, the door to
Spindleclutch will now be displayed as “Spindleclutch (Group
FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS
- Keep Archers now receive upgraded damage abilities via the Keep
upgrades.New Daily Quests have been added for killing enemy classes.
These can be found at the bounty boards.
Fixed an issue where getting
- killed while in Cyrodiil could cause you to become de-synced from
- The Fort Aleswell gatehouse door will now properly gain more
health when it receives wood upgrades.
- Celarus, the two week campaign, will now properly reward members of
the Daggerfall Covenant when they place first at the end of the
Art & Animation
- Large bows will no longer clip into your head while you’re crouched
- Added additional sounds that play when your screen shakes.
- Added music and ambience to some locations where they were previously
- Fixed volume level inconsistencies that were occurring with some
- Fixed some cases where the voice-over was silent.
- Improved a number of sounds for FX, fixtures, monsters, abilities,
- Fixed many typos and voice-over/text mismatches.Balanced combat
audio.Adjusted some voiceover in Hel Ra Citadel so they’re easier to
Combat & Gameplay
Fixed an issue where abilities that you could interrupt sometimes
lacked the visual interrupt cue.
NPC health will no longer desync when they fight each other during
certain theater scenes.
Automatic crowd-control immunity and crowd-control break immunity
will now protect you from the same types of crowd-control.
Bow heavy attacks will no longer result in zombified monsters.
The first person camera will no longer jitter when walking backwards
Attacking right after landing from a jump will no longer cause your
character’s torso to twist awkwardly.
Fixed an issue where monster deaths wouldn’t animate properly in
Removing a disguise will no longer sometimes result in your character
having distorted proportions.
Fixed an issue where reflected projectiles would sometimes create a
mirror image of themselves that did no damage.
Fixed an issue where several single-target abilities would not cause
the caster to turn and face their target.
All weapon abilities can now correctly trigger weapon enchantments.
Reaper’s March group bosses are no longer push overs.
Weapon enchantment effects will no longer hit targets who
successfully roll-dodge the main attack.
Fixed an issue where brace (the buff applied to player characters
while blocking) was being removed by several player-character
Using Shadow Cloak during the quest Dream Walk Into Darkness will no
longer result in the Nightblade drawing aggro.
Player characters can no longer be attacked before they finish
loading into the game.
Fixed an issue that was causing health bars to become desynced and
not display the correct values.
Attack speed now correctly affects all weapons and weapon types.
Mundus Stone buffs are now working properly again.
Fixed an issue that was resulting in some monsters becoming
invulnerable and unable to be attacked.
A small number of item set effects that were hitting more targets than
intended have been corrected. The impacted sets are:
The Worm’s Raiment
Fixed an issue where Veteran Rank 1 characters were unable to
receive vendor loot (items with no use other than to sell).Reduced
the weapon swap cooldown from 1.5 seconds to 0.5 seconds.Fixed an
issue where swapping the action bar while moving in first-person
view would take you into third-person view.
- Extended Chains (Fiery Grip morph): This ability’s cost has been decreased.Fiery Grip: This ability will no longer taunt monsters that already have an active taunt on them.
Flame Lash (Lava Whip morph): Increased the damage and healing for
this ability’s activated follow-up attack.Molten
Whip (Lava Whip morph): This ability’s slotted passive only applies
to Ardent Flame skill line abilities instead of all fire damage.
Choking Talons: You will no longer be charged twice the required magicka amount to use this ability.
Dragon Leap: This ability’s minimum range requirement has been
Burning Talons (Dark Talons morph): Decreased this ability’s
Igneous Shield (Obsidian Shield morph): This ability now increases the healing you deal to allies for 5 seconds instead of increasing your shield value.
Igneous Shield (Obsidian Shield morph): This ability’s healing buff no longer stacks.
Petrify: This ability now damages enemies when the effect ends.
Assassin’s Blade: This ability’s visual effects are now easier to see.Incapacitate (Haste morph): This ability now increases heavy
attack damage.Master Assassin: This passive ability now increases
spell power in addition to weapon power. Its stun duration increase
has also been added to the tooltip.
Reaper’s Mark (Mark Target morph): This ability’s weapon and spell damage buff no longer stacks with itself – the duration of the
damage buff will now just refresh upon each kill.
Path of Darkness: This ability can now be seen by all other player characters. Also fixed an issue where it was ticking more
times than intended on a target.Refreshing Path: This ability will
now heal your allies, and the healing done has been slightly
Refreshing Shadows: This passive ability is now always active, and no longer requires you to use another ability.
Shadow Cloak: This ability can now be cast when you have less than 35% of your magicka. Additionally, using this ability while a
monster is taunted will now cause it to attack a different target.
Leeching Strikes (Siphoning Strikes morph): The tooltip for this ability now shows the correct percentage of health recovery.
Magicka Flood: This ability now correctly increases your maximum magicka.Siphoning Strikes: This ability now restores slightly less
resources, and will no longer desync your resource bars upon use.
Soul Siphon (Soul Shred morph): Edited the tooltip for this ability so it’s more consistent with all other tooltips, and fixed
an issue so the upgrade tooltip now states that it does less damage
than the base ability.
Strife: Fixed an issue where the red glow from this ability would
last longer than intended.
- Crystal Blast (Crystal Shard morph): Increased this ability’s area-of-effect damage.
- Crystal Fragments: The sound and visual effects that indicate this ability can be cast instantly are more noticeable.
- Dark Deal (Dark Exchange morph): You can now move while channeling this ability. The increase to your armor and spell resistance has also been removed from this ability.
- Restraining Prison (Rune Prison morph): When this ability is removed from one player character, it no longer removes the graphics from your other targets.
General Summon Improvements
Your pets will now stealth with you when you initially crouch.Your
pets can now be given a target to attack. Press Y and left-click on
your mouse to have them attack a target.Press Y and right-click on
your mouse to have them return to you.
The Storm Atronach pet will now cancel his cast when you tell him to
switch targets, and can also switch targets faster which will result
in slightly increased damage.
Your pets will no longer agro other enemies while you are mounted.
- Rebate: Updated this ability’s tooltip to state that pets restore magicka when they die, or when you unsummon them.
- Hardened Ward (Conjured Ward morph): This ability now has a unique icon.
Summon Storm Atronach: The Charged Lightning synergy associated with this ability now adds 150% bonus damage instead of a flat 150
- Volatile Familiar: This ability’s tooltip now mentions it also explodes when unsummoned.
Disintegrate: Edited the tooltip for this ability so it now shows the damage value.Endless Fury (Mages’ Fury morph): Fixed an issue where this ability
was not properly restoring magicka when it landed the killing blow on an
enemy.Lightning Form: This ability now deals damage at every tick.Lightning Splash: Edited the tooltip so it more accurately reflects the damage dealt.Overload: Significantly increased the light attack damage and cost for this ability. Ride the lightning!Power Overload: This no longer uses the same ability bar as the werewolf.
- Blazing Spear (Spear Shards morph): Moderately increased this ability’s damage over time.
Empowering Sweep (Radial Sweep morph): This Ultimate ability now gives 15% damage reduction and +4% damage reduction for each target
hit instead of increasing your armor.
- Focused Charge: We have made this ability’s tooltip clearer—it now states that it only stuns targets that are casting.
- Piercing Spear: This passive now adds a melee critical strike in addition to a spell critical strike when using spear abilities.
Puncturing Strikes: Increased the overall damage for this ability by 10%, and increased the damage to the closest target from 100% to
110%. The bonus damage to the closest target will no longer randomly deal double the intended damage.
- Puncturing Strike: Rank III and Rank IV and the final hit now play impact sounds.
- Puncturing Sweep (Puncturing Strikes morph): This ability will now heal you based on the damage done.
- Spear Shards: This ability will no longer disorient targets that roll dodge.
Blinding Flashes (Blinding Light morph): Increased this ability’s duration. Also, monsters knocked off balance by Blinding Flashes will
only display their knockback animation once.
Blinding Light: Missing a bash attack while under the effects of Blinding Light will now set the target off balance.
Dark Flare (Solar Flare morph): This ability now scales in damage from ranks I-IV.
Nova: This ability can now deal critical strikes, and the damage-per-tick has been increased by 20%.
Searing Light: Increased this ability’s damage.
Solar Disturbance (Nova morph): This ability now scales in damage from ranks I-IV, and now snares your targets by 60% at all ranks.
Solar Flare: Slightly reduced the cast time for this ability from 1.5 seconds to 1.3 seconds.
Sunfire: This ability’s damage-over-time now lasts 1 additional second, and deals 10% more damage.
Cleansing Ritual: Decreased this ability’s particle effects in an effort to make other effects easier to see.
Remembrance (Rite of Passage morph): The damage reduction buff now perists for the duration of the channel. The tooltip has been
updated to reflect this.
Repentance (Restoring Aura morph): This ability’s beam effect no longer plays a second time if you re-approach the corpse after going
Rite of Passage: This Ultimate ability is now capable of critical strikes and will make you immune to crowd-control while channeling
Ritual of Rebirth: This ability now heals you (the caster) for the same value as the other morph, Lingering Ritual.
- Focused Aim (Snipe morph): This ability’s tooltip now lists the duration of the effect.
- Hawk Eye: Poison Arrow damage-over-time ticks now benefit from this passive ability.
- Long Shots: This passive ability’s bonus is now applied to enemies greater than 40 meters away.
- Magnum Shot (Scatter Shot morph): This ability’s animation no longer breaks if used while silenced or bracing.
- Poison Arrow: Increased the damage-over-time for this ability by 50%.
Snipe: Reduced the cast time for this ability from 3 seconds to 2 seconds. We also reduced the range for this ability from 40 meters to
35 meters, and reduced the minimum range from 20 meters to 10 meters.
Force Pulse (Force Shock morph): This ability’s Rank III tooltip now lists the correct damage value.
Impulse: When an enemy is damaged first by this ability, the target(s) will now display a hit reaction.
Hitting an off-balance enemy with a dual wield heavy attack now provides a damage bonus on both swings.Dual wield heavy attacks versus off-balance enemies now knock the targets down at the correct time.
Flurry: This ability now properly animates even if the first tick is dodged.Flurry: Increased the damage executed by the last hit by
- Twin Blade and Blunt: This passive ability now scales based on weapon damage instead of spell damage.
- Whirlwind: This ability no longer increases the damage of weapon enchantments.
One Hand and Shield
All One Hand and Shield abilities now require you to have a one-handed weapon and a shield equipped in order to activate them.
- Reverberating Bash (Power Bash morph): This ability now correctly reduces enemy spell power.
Force Siphon: This ability no longer generates ultimate.Steadfast Ward: Corrected this ability’s tooltip so that it matches what the
ability actually does. The tooltip no longer states that it only
heals allies in front of you.
Two Handed Weapon
Battle Rush: Corrected a typo in this passive ability’s tooltip.
Cleave: Increased the damage-over-time for this ability by 25%, and the damage now scales as the ability increases from ranks I-IV.
Critical Rush (Critical Charge morph): This ability no longer increases the damage of weapon enchantments.
Heavy Weapons: This passive ability now scales based on weapon damage instead of spell damage. It also no longer ticks for zero
damage at low levels, and Rank I’s axe damage modifier will now
properly be weaker than that of Rank II.
Uppercut: Slightly reduced the cooldown for this ability from 2 seconds to 1.5 seconds, and increased the damage of this ability by
Wrecking Blow (Uppercut morph): This ability’s damage bonus is no calculated twice.
- Recovery II: Fixed a typo with this passive ability’s tooltip.
Evasion: This ability’s triggered opacity effect will no longer prematurely disappear after killing an enemy.
Wind Walker 1: Adjusted this ability so it now reduces the cost of stamina abilities by 1% per piece of medium armor equipped, and 2% at