Pinball on HBO Real Sports

As some of you may know, I used to be very involved in the world of competitive pinball. I basically retired from all competitive play when I decided to start a family. I do miss it tremendously, not only because it was fun and I was good at it, but because the people are unbelievably friendly and interesting. HBO Sports ran a segment recently on a kid I had the pleasure of playing against a few times.

There’s also a feature length documentary about him on Netflix called Wizard Mode.

Watching these definitely makes me miss the sport. And before you say “sport?, really?” - Yes it’s a sport. Trying competing in the World Championships and being on your feet for 14-16 hours a day for 4 days straight. It’s truly grueling and that’s just the physical wear and tear.

Anyway, I thought the above was interesting and thought I would share. I’m not sure if any of you are interested in pinball at all. It’s still gaming, even though it’s not on a pc or console!

So cool!! But now The Who will be stuck in my head for the rest of the day… meh

I’ll admit I didn’t even know that pinball was even a sport.

That’s pretty cool.

I need to set this on my DVR. Pinball is so much fun but I’m not that great at it.