Please allow me to introduce myself

Hello Strats community!

I’m Dravenheart, though in the real world my name is Heather. I’m 30, live in the US, and am a stay-at-home mom to an adorable son with special needs. I found this community through my friend simplyundrea. Her and I have been friends for many years online. :slight_smile:

Been gaming since I was 5 years old, and am a big BIG RPG fan, and appreciate the classics NES and SNES RPGs. Apart from gaming, my hobbies when I do find the time are streaming and uploading content to YouTube, even when its very inconsistent.

Games i’m into at the moment are Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn and Minecraft (especially modded Minecraft).

Hi Heather! Welcome to Strats! I’ve always wanted to Play Realm Reborn. What classes (jobs?) do you play as?

Welcome to the Dark side sister. I played FFXIV for a bit, but haven’t touched it in a while.

Welcome aboard!

You and I are going to get along excellently. I am also a big RPG fan, and don’t know too many other folks yet that are here who are, so you are a welcome addition to the crew. :slight_smile:

Do you have some favorites?

@Dravenheart (Heather) welcome to Strats! I still compare modern day RPG’s to the trailblazing titles from the NES and SNES. Many in our community stream and Youtube, you should check out #teamstrats, it is an awesome way to give your channels a boost. Once again, welcome to the community.

Welcome! I’m glad to see so many new faces!

Thank you all for the warm welcome’s so far. :slight_smile: You all seem like a very awesome bunch of people. :smile:

@Nubhugs, I have Summoner, Scholar, Warrior, White Mage, and Dragoon all at 50. But I main Scholar, followed by Warrior, and followed up by Dragoon. I have 6/8 crafts at 50, and Miner, Botanist, and Fisher at 50 as well.

@DrizztDo_Urden69, How long has it been since you’ve last played? They probably added a bunch of content since then. Also what realm was your character on? I play over on Hyperion and run my own Free Company. Patch 2.51 comes out on Tuesday, and with that update they are adding the Gold Saucer. Along with it chocobo racing and Triple Triad (the card game from FFVIII).

@PeterThomas6, Its always nice to find fellow RPG fans! My favorite RPG’s of all time (and favorite FF games) are Final Fantasy IV and Final Fantasy VI. So i’m an old school chick. :smiley: As far as MMORPG’s go, my first MMO was FFXI. I played for 3 1/2 years. After that I played WoW for 7 years and left with 3 lv 90 characters and 1 legendary weapon. I started playing FFXIV at 2.0 launch.

@tommy2118, Thank you very much! I will definitely have to check it out sometime. :slight_smile:

Oh man, probably 6 months or more now. and i don’t remember the realm honestly

@DrizztDo_Urden69, I see I see. Well if you do ever decide to wander back into the game, lemme know. :slight_smile:

will do.

I enjoy Final Fantasy 14, I just don’t have the time to commit to it (or any MMO right now). My kid does love riding around on the “chicken”.

I thought I would prefer the move to action-combat with Neverwinter, Wildstar and TESO. However after playing FF14 (on my gamepad!) I really liked the 2.5sec global cooldown. I have a 50 conjurer and my next highest is a 20ish gladiator. I still prefer TESO for PvP, though.

Maybe when my 6mo old gets mobile and a little self-reliant I can get back to some MMOs.

Hey Heather, welcome to Strats!

@Dravenheart: HEATHER! I’m so glad you’re finally here. Welcome, girlie! -hugs- :purple_heart:

Welcome to Strats!

I hear ya there @teh_ninjaneer. I know what its like to not be able to play an mmo with a wee lil one around. I actually have a member of my FC who plays around her son’s naptime (her son is turning 1 pretty soon) and usually after she puts her kiddo to bed.

I’ve always been a keyboard and mouse user when it comes to my mmos though. I got XIV for PC and PS3, but if i’m on PS3, then i’m usually gathering.

It helped since the game was designed to be played with a gamepad. Once I learned all the shortcuts, things like healing and marking targets was actually easy and convenient. The PC version even recognizes my 360 controller and labels the buttons accordingly.

Now I miss playing that game.

I hear ya there. I got a 360 controller hooked up to my desktop, but I don’t really use it for MMOs. When my hubby and I were both playing WoW, he ended up doing some custom stuff and had a crazy UI just so he could play with a controller. Controllers for mmo’s just don’t feel right in my hands. lol

Welcome to Strats! RPGs the oldest and most noble of all games.