Post-patch weapon of choice?

ps4
destiny

So my beloved auto-rifle is getting nerfed to shit.

• Base Damage decreased by 2%

• Reduced Precision Damage multiplier from 1.50 -> 1.25 (head shot bonus)

• Stability decreased by 4% - 17% (driven by stat value)

I’m bitter about it. Might pick up a hand-cannon instead.

Shotguns are also getting hit.

• Decreased base damage at maximum range (falloff) by 20%

• Shot Package Perk now has a slightly wider cone of fire

• The Rangefinder and Shot Package perks are now mutually exclusive

Hotfix 10/14

I’ll still love my shotgun; that range nerf isn’t going to be overly-detrimental, especially in pvp. I’ve been avoiding auto-rifles like the plague since they announced there would be a nerf. I’m rocking my Vision of Confluence scout rifle and sitting on a Thorn and Bad Juju waiting to see what the buffs are going to be :wink:

I’m so sad about my auto rifles😓 looks like visions of confluence will be my new regular.

Keep in mind that nerfs don’t mean death. Just because certain weapon types get balanced doesn’t mean they’re not going to be viable anymore.

This is the killing blow. RIP auto-rifle :disappointed:

They’ll still have a place in PvE but I can’t see using an auto-rifle in PvP anymore.

Destiny PvP: Vex Mythoclast > everything

Can confirm, face melting power.:stars::stars:

Vex is getting a 34% damage decrease.

That is crazy. I guess they don’t want to have a best weapon😥

I mean, there’s “best” weapon and there’s “fully-auto 4-shot to the body from scout rifle range to kill” weapon; I’m completely okay with this nerf. It’ll still be pretty ridiculous, but at least I’ll have a chance to try and answer it rather than dying about as fast as my brain processes which gun is pointed at me.

I can’t believe it took them that long to fix that limited edition ship bug. People were pissed.

Those Vault of Glass fixes are brutal though… I guess Bungie does pay attention

and yet it will still melt your face off from across the map

The problem with the vex nerf is that it was op in PvP and that’s it.

There are a ton of posts on reddit/bungie so I’m not going to repeat them here. I’m hoping they decide to work on a solution to PvP nerfs impacting PvE.

Destiny Weekly Update #1

I am still getting worked over in PVP by auto/shotguns. I like using hand cannons, and I usually score OK, but autos still seem to rule the day on most maps.

Well, auto rifles are still decent because they are average. They work ok in both close and long range. However, you’d do better at close range or long range with something else, technically.

Shotguns and fusion rifles are both great at close range. The single shot weapons (hand cannons and scout rifles) are still somewhat underwhelming unless you’re hitting headshots consistently compared to pulse and auto (though I’m happier now with the pulse than I was since the auto nerf)